James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Amid the drama of the past week, there was a football match on. And Iceland Foods played a blinder
Morrisons filed a complaint and the ASA agreed the ads were misleading
The UK has voted to leave the EU by 51.9% to 48.1%, sending shockwaves through the country and around the world…
- Brexit in the balance as businesses have their final say
- NFU pledge is an easy win for retailers – so why aren’t they signing up?
- Andy Savage: the Morrisons store manager who fixes things
- Food Unwrapped: sound advice on holiday weight lossSubscription
- Store manager of the year
- The Grocer Gold Awards: all the winners from a dramatic nightVideo
- Fine Food Retailer of the Year
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant