James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews, as well as the Critical Eye TV column, news articles and blogs. Particular areas of interest include emerging technology, and the rise of the discounters.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
His big passions are pop culture, Chelsea Football Club, and food and drink. @jameshalliwell
- 01293 610253
When we used the word ‘offensive’ of Lidl in the past, we weren’t being complimentary…
There are several Grocer scoops to choose from in 2014. Aldi planning to double in size inside…
Even Dynasty was never this nuts. A 2.4% fall in sales over Christmas got Tesco…
- Lawsuit of the Year: Tesco's JS lawsuit just a warmup
- Promotion of the year: Aldi joint MDs rewarded with promotions
- Transformation of the Year: United Biscuits
- Baby infant products: health advice hits UK babyfood marketSubscription
- Frozen food: sector melts as economy begins to thawSubscription
- Bruce Langlands and the hallowed halls of Harrods: big interviewSubscription
- C-store owners call for more info on switch to LED lightsSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant