James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
The supermarket ran a campaign alongside the University of Leeds offering tips on food storage, labelling and recipes for leftovers
In 2016, after years of decline, the number of independent butchers went up for the first time on record
It’s very generous for the JS boss to help out, but his advice on what’s best for Asda should be taken with a pinch of salt
- Will Steinhoff really take the pound out of Poundland?Subscription
- Has Farm Africa made a difference?
- Dee's General Store wins GroceryAid 5-a-side Cup
- Top business bosses to speak at second Leadership Symposium
- Iceland scores a winner with inspired Euro 2016 campaign Subscription
- Aldi CEO hits out at ASA for banning its Morrisons price comparison adSubscription
- UK votes to leave EU: the industry reacts to Brexit
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant