James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews, as well as the Critical Eye TV column, news articles and blogs. Particular areas of interest include emerging technology, and the rise of the discounters.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
His big passions are pop culture, Chelsea Football Club, and food and drink. @jameshalliwell
- 01293 610253
Tensator’s Virtual Assistants could be a masterstroke by the confectionery giant
The retailer moved into the site of the former Castle Electric Cinema last year, more than 100 years after the Art Deco building originally opened in 1914
Dear Fried Chicken, I love you. Will you run away with me? As long as it’s just you, me, and a Pepsi, nothing else matters…
- IGD launches annual IGD awardsSubscription
- Celebrating the food stars of the futureSubscription
- Hussein Lalani plans new venture as CMA probes Poundland dealSubscription
- The Grocer Gold Awards deadline extended to 13 MarchSubscription
- Spanish discounter Dia eyes UK expansion via joint ventureSubscription
- Mary Portas proves her point with Secret ShopperSubscription
- What now, Tescopoly?Subscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant