James Halliwell is deputy features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews, as well as the Critical Eye TV column, news articles and blogs.Particular areas of interest include emerging technology, and the rise of the discounters.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
His big passions are pop culture, Chelsea Football Club, and food and drink. @jameshalliwell
- 01293 610253
SureChill has revealed it is working with a UK supermarket to trial in-store chillers…
Toilet tissue brand Velvet has planted more than five million trees – including 8,000 in the UK…
Gordon Ramsay has had a nightmare with his hair, hasn’t he?…
- How green are the discounters? Subscription
- The Times – they are a changingSubscription
- Store of the week: Asda HuytonSubscription
- Gadget Man: geeky intelligence, gadgets and scary dronesSubscription
- Beacon technology's shopper marketing potential for indiesSubscription
- Scotland decides: one day to goSubscription
- Independence is the perfect platform to promote Scottish brands across the globe, says Richard Lochhead
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant