Alec leads The Grocer’s expanding coverage of all things finance-related.
- 01293 610512
Two high profile investors have written to the firm to try and block the deal, although the threat is miniscule, the supermarket giant could do without their intervention
Premier Foods has reduced cash payments to its pension schemes by a further £32m over the next three financial years after agreeing new actuarial valuations.
Tesco (TSCO) has announced this morning it has agreed with the UK Serious Fraud Office to pay a £129m fine to avoid prosecution for its 2014 accounting scandal
- Media Bites 28 March: Tesco investors warn against Booker dealSubscription
- ABF buys two sports nutrition companiesSubscription
- Media Bites 27 March: Tesco, EU food trade, BoothsSubscription
- 'Sprexit' is not enough to satiate demanding Unilever investorsSubscription
- Science in Sport makes gains in supermarket sectorSubscription
- Fever-Tree to take on Coke in US dark spirits battleSubscription
- 2 Sisters blames rising input prices for £2.5m lossSubscription
Recent blog posts
It turned out the roasting of the Tesco board at today’s AGM was more of a light grilling
Investors must be concerned about the lack of clarity over when Tesco expects its strategy to bring returns.
Never mind what this week’s figures reval, Tesco is still a fundamentally strong business.