James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Edible cannabis: has the UK got the munchies?Subscription
Edible cannabis is booming over in the US. So how is it sold and packaged? And will it ever hit the UK?
My first job was as a trainee accountant at a small family-owned business based in Northallerton
La La Land is massive right now. As it’s a musical you’d think they’d have found a part for Stavros Flatley
- Grocer Gold Awards 2017 open for entry, with two new awards
- Ten Tips for 2017Subscription
- Luke Johnstone, PACK'D Smoothies, on bungee jumps and BeckhamSubscription
- As food forecasters get predicting, volatility is the only certaintySubscription
- Clipper Tea awarded Best Campaign in The Grocer Top CampaignsSubscription
- 2016: a not entirely apocalyptic year for food & drinkSubscription
- Top Campaigns of 2016Subscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant