James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
I remember being amazed at the prospect of earning £3.18 per hour in my first job
I was Herne Bay’s equivalent to Granville, working in a greengrocer…
Methodical investigative work by Jonathan Gibson found Tesco has been overcharging customers by failing to remove expired
- Your turn to play with power: who would you promote or demote in our 2017 Power list?Subscription
- Are supermarket Valentine’s Day dine-in deals something to fall in love with?
- Simon Remmer, Rombouts Coffee, on radio and leather jacketsSubscription
- Aldi’s steady progress proves industry sharks wrongSubscription
- Property special: Revamps, refurbs and refitsSubscription
- Yanko Kolevski of Cofico: My Alternative CVSubscription
- Higgidy brightens up its pie packagingSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant