Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Ken McMeikan to step down as CEO of Brakes GroupSubscription
During his tenure at Brakes, he increased profits by 42% to £183m
Heineken and a case of Tesco's convictionSubscription
Tesco has moved the centre of gravity in its range reviews towards products that really matter to customers
Uncertainty about labour supply throws into serious doubt the idea we can become more self-sufficient in the wake of Brexit
- The Top 50 is a fantastic advertisement for entrepreneurshipSubscription
- Unilever UK boss Gina Boswell to head up US customer developmentSubscription
- How the government can address business rate unfairnessSubscription
- M&S, Aldi and Co-op lead star-studded Grocer Own Label Conference
- Polman must act. And fast. Subscription
- Suddenly wholesale is hot. It's in demand. It's happeningSubscription
- The Grocer's Power List reflects the big four's resurgence
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony