Bacardi said it could drop footballer turned actor Vinnie Jones from its drinks campaign after he was convicted of an air-rage assault.

Bacardi told The Sunday Telegraph that it had already decided not to use any of the three adverts featuring Jones over the Christmas week.

Jones has fronted the multi-million-pound TV ad campaign for three years.

Bacardi told the paper: “We will be having discussions with our advertising agency because there are clauses in the contract with him that are supposed to cover his off-screen behaviour.”

Jones was sentenced to 80 hours of community service and fined £1,000 last week after he pleaded guilty of assaulting a passenger on a Virgin Atlantic flight in May.

Topics