Tesco's growth gained momentum in the third quarter as UK like-for-like sales excluding fuel rose 4.1%, compared with 3.5% in the first half of the year. Total UK sales were up 7.6% for the 13 weeks to 24 November, compared with an increase of 5.4% in the first six months. Group sales returned to double figures as Tesco recorded growth of 11.8%, up from 9.2% in the first six months. International sales increased by 21.4% at constant exchange rates, with Asia up 29%. Tesco said it was on track to deliver seven million sq ft of new international selling space by the end of the financial year.

Topics