Pork supplier Cranswick has set out a more upbeat assessment of trading for the past three months, after issuing a profits warning in the previous quarter.

The company said the increasing popularity of pork over other meats, thanks in part to its relatively low cost, had helped trading in the period to 30 September.

Volumes for the second quarter were up 7%, an improvement on the 3% growth notched up over the previous trading period. Total sales were up 3% for the year to date, or by 6% excluding the effect of transferring business to the Farmers Boy Deeside joint venture.

The company will publish its interim results on 14 November.

Read more
Cranswick CEO insists future remains bright (30 July 2011)
Hot Topic: Is Cranswick's failure to land price hikes due to supply and demand, or its negotiating skill? (30 July 2011)
Soaring costs prompt early profit warning from Cranswick (26 July 2011)