The Association of Convenience Stores has vented its frustration over the Office of Fair Trading’s latest investigation into the grocery market.
After the OFT’s withdrawal last month of its decision not to refer the market to the Competition Commission, it was ordered by the Competition Appeal Tribunal to swiftly come up with a new decision. The ACS will be submitting a batch of evidence for the new investigation on Tuesday (December 6), but said that much of what it had been asked for had already been given to the OFT last year.
“They have asked us a range of questions on the sector and about trends in the marketplace,” said an ACS spokesman. “They also asked us to come up with solutions and we have focused on that. There are a number of remedies available and we have come up with an extensive list of actions that can be taken.”