Fresh produce giant Fyffes has announced that its plans to take over a Swedish operator are well under way.
The company said following an agreement in May to purchase 100% of the Everfresh Group, the acquisition of the initial 60% has now been completed.
Everfresh is described as the leading fresh produce distributor in Sweden.
Fyffes acquired the 60% stake for €28.7m with the remaining 40% to be acquired by 2007.