October 6, 1900. Sir: I notice in one of our local papers an account of a trader having his stock damaged by fire, which originated in a drawer in which matches had been kept. These must have been ignited through mice nibbling the contents, and damage to the extent of 2001. was done. I myself was unfortunate to have the whole of my stock in the shop destroyed and four large plate glass windows broken from top to bottom through the great heat. I have since had a tin case fitted in a fixture in the shop with a sliding lid, making it impossible for mice to nibble the contents. {{COUNTERPOINT }}