Carina Perkins is The Grocer’s buying & supplying editor, and oversees print and online coverage of issues across the supply chain including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
She also edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish and Poultry supplements and the weekly commodities and retail pricing pages, as well as helping organise the Own Label awards.
Carina started her career in food and drink, working at Meat Trades Journal and BigHospitality before joining The Grocer as fresh foods editor in March 2015, and stepping up to buying & supplying editor nine months later.
Career highlights to date include investigating tuna fishing in Thailand, interviewing top Italian chef Massimo Bottura and recording ‘Stand by Your Ham’ with 30 British pig farmers for Pig Aid.
- 01293 610240
The UK is only 52% self-sufficient in food, with just 23% of the fruit and veg eaten in Britain grown here
Some individual SKUs are significantly more expensive than a year ago – including those affected by widespread shortages
Shoppers would abandon brands for own label, switch to cheaper supermarkets and even cut back on chocolate
- Has Brexit put an end to the era of cheap fruit & veg?Subscription
- Lactalis McLelland bags Co-op cheese supply dealSubscription
- Bernard Matthews set to cut 150 jobs in NorfolkSubscription
- Indian basmati pushed up by lifting of Iranian banSubscription
- British wheat now among most expensive in the worldSubscription
- Sugar in breakfast cereals still 'shocking' says reportSubscription
- Somerdale in Philippines cheese dealSubscription