Carina Perkins is The Grocer’s buying & supplying editor, and oversees print and online coverage of issues across the supply chain including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
She also edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish and Poultry supplements and the weekly commodities and retail pricing pages, as well as helping organise the Own Label awards.
Carina started her career in food and drink, working at Meat Trades Journal and BigHospitality before joining The Grocer as fresh foods editor in March 2015, and stepping up to buying & supplying editor nine months later.
Career highlights to date include investigating tuna fishing in Thailand, interviewing top Italian chef Massimo Bottura and recording ‘Stand by Your Ham’ with 30 British pig farmers for Pig Aid.
- 01293 610240
Martell to launch new entry-level VS cognacSubscription
Martell VS Single Distillery (rsp: £27.19/70cl) will replace the existing VS expression in the brand’s lineup as its young
The brewer is hoping to “revitalise” its Carlsberg and Carlsberg Export brands with The Danish Way campaign
Three quarters of Brits would reject American “frankenfoods” like hormone-treated beef and chlorine-washed chicken
- Will Frankenfoods flood the market in post-Brexit US trade deal?Subscription
- Coke ditching multibuys in shift to single price promosSubscription
- Outages cause rises in polypropylene and styrene pricesSubscription
- Craft gin brings surge in distillery numbersSubscription
- Lucozade discovers the perils of reformulationSubscription
- New Zealand cracks down on manuka honey fraudSubscription
- Branston profits hit by surging potato pricesSubscription