Carina Perkins is The Grocer’s buying & supplying editor, and oversees print and online coverage of issues across the supply chain including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
She also edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish and Poultry supplements and the weekly commodities and retail pricing pages, as well as helping organise the Own Label awards.
Carina started her career in food and drink, working at Meat Trades Journal and BigHospitality before joining The Grocer as fresh foods editor in March 2015, and stepping up to buying & supplying editor nine months later.
Career highlights to date include investigating tuna fishing in Thailand, interviewing top Italian chef Massimo Bottura and recording ‘Stand by Your Ham’ with 30 British pig farmers for Pig Aid.
- 01293 610240
Some Heineken brands axed by Tesco were doing well, and mainstream brands from rivals have gained more space
After Weetabix warned Brexit could hit breakfast, shoppers are already paying more for some favourite cereal brands
Produced in partnership with two top French cidre makers in Normandy, the 6 Somewhere lineup contains 100% apples…
- Tesco takes an axe to Heineken range in major resetSubscription
- Jameson targets younger consumers with first RTD cans
- Will FSA reform 'loosen the reins' on big food business?Subscription
- Tom King made Europe MD at Treasury Wine EstatesSubscription
- Deals getting less sweet as chocolate brands cut promotions
- Steel strengthens thanks to tight supplySubscription
- A letter to Tesco’s ‘endangered white male’ chairman John AllanSubscription