Dr Clive Black is head of research at Shore Capital Stockbrokers.
Food price deflation will ease at bestSubscription
British food is grappling with deflation, which has been part of the trading scene for all of 2015
What prospects now for the UK consumer economy and the big supermarkets after a general election that surprised the pollsters?
Complacency has changed the structure of the British grocery market and the discounters are now a firm part of its future
- Discounters force SKU hierarchy reappraisal Subscription
- There's light at the end of the grocery tunnelSubscription
- Shoppers set for a good 2015 - at least the first halfSubscription
- 2014 was a wake-up call for big four British supermarketsSubscription
- The flabby big four need to shape up to fight rivalsSubscription
- Stop the big price-matching yawn and focus on lower pricesSubscription
- Horsemeat scandal lessons must be learnt