Edward is deputy finance editor of The Grocer. He is responsible, alongside Alec Mattinson, for the publication’s expanding coverage of finance stories, including company results, mergers & acquisitions, fundraising and pay & jobs. However, his interests aren’t limited to numbers and money; he can regularly be found at whisky tastings and launches of new beers. Edward joined The Grocer in December 2014 from regional business publication Insider Media. He has a Masters in journalism from the University of Central Lancashire.
- 01293 610262
Preva Produce creditors face uncertain wait for £4.7m owed after fraud pushed supplier underSubscription
Potato processor Preva Produce was pushed into administration last year following the discovery of fraud and accounting irregularities, according to documents filed at Companies House.
UK shoppers started spending again in February after two months of falling retail sales, according to the latest official figures published on Thursday.
Revenues slumped 6% at packaging manufacturer Robinson in 2016 as volume fell 8% and the group was hit by adverse currency exchange movements.
- Hops specialist Charles Faram secures £6m bank funding to meet growing US demandSubscription
- Fever-Tree shares lose momentum on 'encouraging' growthSubscription
- MBO at Park Cakes provides exit for Vision CapitalSubscription
- 90 jobs lost as £9m supermarket potato supplier collapsesSubscription
- Media Bites 22 March: Inflation, Fever-Tree, WaitroseSubscription
- City snapshot: General Mills suffers sales and profits slumpSubscription
- Food & drink entrepreneurs set for export mission to Paris as Article 50 is set to be triggered