Alec leads The Grocer’s expanding coverage of all things finance-related.
- 01293 610512
The owner of jam and marmalade maker Tiptree has reported a reduction in full-year gross profitability as the post-Brexit rise in input costs hit its margins.
Coca-Cola’s first quarter earnings dropped by 20% amid a double-digit sales decline and high than expected costs relating to the restructuring of its bottling operations.
Annual pre-tax profits were up 6.2% at leisure group Whitbread as 10.7% total growth in its Costa Coffee chain boosted performance - however the shares have plunged as the group undershot City expectations
- Media Bites 25 April: Whole Foods, M&S, BHSSubscription
- UK retail sales slump as inflation bitesSubscription
- Danone upgrades earnings expectations despite slow first quarter salesSubscription
- Post's purchase of Weetabix shows faith in post-Brexit BritainSubscription
- City snapshot: Reckitt on track to hit growth target despite flat first quarterSubscription
- Media Bites 21 April: Unilever, M&S, DiageoSubscription
- Post backs British growth potential for Weetabix stableSubscription
Recent blog posts
It turned out the roasting of the Tesco board at today’s AGM was more of a light grilling
Investors must be concerned about the lack of clarity over when Tesco expects its strategy to bring returns.
Never mind what this week’s figures reval, Tesco is still a fundamentally strong business.