Edward is deputy finance editor of The Grocer. He is responsible, alongside Alec Mattinson, for the publication’s expanding coverage of finance stories, including company results, mergers & acquisitions, fundraising and pay & jobs. However, his interests aren’t limited to numbers and money; he can regularly be found at whisky tastings and launches of new beers. Edward joined The Grocer in December 2014 from regional business publication Insider Media. He has a Masters in journalism from the University of Central Lancashire.
- 01293 610262
Hotel Chocolat sales leapt 16.2% in the 13 weeks to 25 December as customers spent more money on higher priced gifts for Christmas. Plus, British American Tobacco agrees $49.4bn to buy remaining 58% stake in Reynolds;
Soft drinks start-up Rejuvenation Water is seeking £150,000 in a crowdfunding campaign to tap into growing consumer demand for low-sugar alternatives to fizzy drinks.
Northern Irish convenience food manufacturer Mash Direct has increased profits five-fold thanks to a rise in sales driven by growing consumer awareness of the brand outside its domestic market.
- Media Bites 13 December: Tesco, M&S, Primark, John Lewis, WaitroseSubscription
- City snapshot: Kerry pastry deal boosts Addo Food GroupSubscription
- Suppliers in distress as mults enjoy recovery, says reportSubscription
- Addo Food Group profits soar as it turns around Kerry pastriesSubscription
- Marks & Spencer Christmas results: what the analysts saySubscription
- Poundstretcher sales and profits decline as estate shrinksSubscription
- Media Bites 11 January: Morrisons, Premier Foods, Kantar, Majestic Wine, SparSubscription