Dr Clive Black is head of research at Shore Capital Stockbrokers.
What prospects now for the UK consumer economy and the big supermarkets after a general election that surprised the pollsters?
Complacency has changed the structure of the British grocery market and the discounters are now a firm part of its future
Discounters force SKU hierarchy reappraisal Subscription
Private-label development in the UK has been characterised for some years now by the ‘good, better, best’ hierarchy…
- There's light at the end of the grocery tunnelSubscription
- Shoppers set for a good 2015 - at least the first halfSubscription
- 2014 was a wake-up call for big four British supermarketsSubscription
- The flabby big four need to shape up to fight rivalsSubscription
- Stop the big price-matching yawn and focus on lower pricesSubscription
- Horsemeat scandal lessons must be learnt
- Tesco UK must be top priority for Dave LewisSubscription