- The wine market has grown 2% over the past year, a slowdown compared with the previous year, and behind the growth of grocery overall.
- Still wine has seen slightly stronger growth in revenue versus the rest of wine, at 2.4%, driven both by volume and price rises.
- Rosé is the most significant mover in still, growing 10% and counteracting white wine’s weaker performance, while further enforcing the trend towards sweeter and less challenging taste profiles.
- Spanish wine is driving increased revenue within still wines, and in total sparkling wine, French has been most badly hit due to its stake in Champagne, which is underperforming.
- Shoppers are moving away from Champagne, spending less per trip and less by volume.
Focus on Wine & Champagne: How much for a bottle of wine?
- Currently reading
Focus on Wine & Champagne: Kantar Worldpanel