Sainsbury’s has revealed the regional winners of this year’s Great British Beer Hunt.
The shortlist has been drawn up from more than 100 beers that entered, bidding to win a six-month national listing with the supermarket.
Entrants were categorised by region and judged by beer experts and selected Sainsbury’s customers during April and May. The four beers that received the most votes at each regional event will go on sale in Sainsbury’s stores for three weeks from 12 September (see the list of winners below).
The two best-performing beers from each region go into a grand final on 5 October, with two guaranteed a minimum six-month listing in Sainsbury’s stores across the country from November.
“This has been yet another outstanding year in terms of the fantastic quality of British beer showcased,” said Sainsbury’s beer buyer Nicky Millington.
“In a year when national pride will be heightened, the opportunity to champion British brewing and offer every brewer the opportunity to showcase their beer on a national level is something we’re enormously proud of.”
- Double Espresso Premio Caffe Birra (Traditional Scottish Ales)
- Prodigal Sun (Williams Bros Brewing Co)
- White Lady (Cairngorm Brewery)
- Wild Hop Gold (Harviestoun Brewery)
- Atom Splitter (Wolf Brewery)
- Poppy Ale (Wolf Brewery)
- Bad Elf (Cotswold Brewing Co for Beer Counter)
- Lemon Head (Nethergate Brewery)
- Snowy (Cotleigh Brewery)
- Willy Nilly (SA Brain)
- Horizon (Wadworth Brewery)
- Posh IPA (Yeovil Ales)
- Batemans Mocha (Batemans)
- Manchester Star Ale (JW Lees)
- Scarborough Fair IPA (Wold Top Brewery)
- Wojtek (Beartown Brewery)
- Screech Owl (Castle Rock)
- Indian Summer (Elgood & Sons)
- 99 Red Baboons (Blue Monkey Brewing)
- Ivanhoe (Ridgeway Brewing Co)