Following on from the success of our Valentine’s Day competition, we now want to know which brands and retailers have gone the extra mile for Mother’s Day.
We’re looking for innovative shopper marketing and eye-catching displays taking place on the shopfloor for our latest #instorespot competition.
How to submit an entry:
- Capture a brand’s Mother’s day display and marketing instore
- Tweet us the picture @thegrocer with the hashtag #instorespot, along with your name, the store name, location and tell us what you think is great about the display
- You can also email us your pictures and comments, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll accept entries up to and including March 14th
- Once the competition closes, our industry experts will start judging the entries and we will announce the winner on our website
Click here to see an example of what we think makes a great shopper marketing campaign
How we will be judging the entries:
- Timeliness for campaign – did it launch too early, in plenty of time?
- Unique – how is it different to competitors – did it go the extra mile?
- Drive to purchase - does it drive you to buy the product or to spend more in store
- Relevance to target shopper - does the activity get the shopper type?
- Call to action – did it engage the shopper and if so how? Any different or worthy of note?
“We’re really looking forward to recognising innovative campaigns - where creative marketing not only captures shoppers’ imagination, but really follows through with a drive to purchase. It’s time we all celebrated successes rather than focusing on negative promotions with poor execution!” Savvy chief executive Catherine Shuttleworth- one of our judges.
About our judges:
- Catherine Shuttleworth – Founder and CEO of Savvy
Catherine founded Savvy in 2006 with the belief that agencies should create great ideas that deliver effective and sustainable commercial results. As a result the agency has grown to become one of the most respected shopper marketing agencies in the country. Catherine – and Savvy’s - reputation is reflected in the company that it keeps, with key clients including Morphy Richards, Morrisons, Mars, Symingtons and many other household names. The agency has won numerous awards – most recently the Shopper Marketing Campaign of the Year trophy at The Grocer MAP awards. Catherine is widely regarded as a leading authority in the retail sector and in addition to running the agency, she’s regularly called upon to provide expert opinion and comment for the BBC and other broadcasters.
- Angus MacIver, CEO at McCurrach
Angus oversees a team of up to 2500 sales people, many dedicated to working with some of the largest suppliers to the UK Grocery sector. He has had nearly 30 years in sales and marketing roles with most of that in either FMCG: P&G Brand Management and PepsiCo Marketing, sales and shopper insight; or grocery retail where he was group marketing director at Morrisons 2007-2011. Instore execution is the lifeblood of McCurrach and is dear to the heart of anyone who has worked in retail.
- Sue McVie, Shopper Marketing Director for Kerry Foods.
Sue has worked for a number of leading FMCG businesses including United Biscuits, Coca Cola, Pepsico and Vodafone in a range of category management and shopper marketing leadership roles. In her current role as shopper marketing director at Kerry Foods, she oversees the category management, shopper marketing and format development teams within GB and Ireland across the range of categories including cheese, spreads, sausages, cooked meats and pastry. Kerry Foods have recently received industry recognition having won The Grocer ‘Branded Chilled Supplier of the Year’ and a silver in the IPM Awards for ‘Best Shopper Marketing Campaign’.