- The hot served chilled desserts market is currently growing at 1.6% and is now worth approximately £169m. Penetration has grown by 2.1%, equating to a value increase of £4.1m.
- In the latest year, volume sold through a temporary price reduction has increased and there has been a considerable decrease in volume based deals such as multibuys and x for y.
- Sponge puddings (all sponge puds bar sticky and spotted dick) and pies & tarts have the largest value shares of the market and together they account for almost half of the category.
- However, sponge puddings have seen value sales fall 11.6% as a consequence of decreased price and penetration.
- Overall, sticky pudding (mostly toffee, but all products described as ‘sticky’) is driving the category (with 42% growth), stemming from increased penetration and price remaining static.
Katherine Andrews, Kantar Worldpanel
Pass the custard... nostalgia is king in puddings
- Currently reading
Hot puddings: Kantar Worldpanel data