Richard is deputy fresh foods editor at The Grocer, assisting section editor Julia Glotz. He covers the retail fresh foods sector, including meat, fish, fruit & veg and eggs, as well as relevant issues in the agriculture, horticulture and aquaculture industries. He also assists Julia in production of the annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610290
A proposal for a blanket ban on deep-sea trawling for fish – which could have had significant consequences for the UK fishing fleet – has been defeated in the EU Parliament.
Industry bodies have welcomed the publication of Professor Chris Elliott’s interim review into the UK food chain, with different groups highlighting different messages
Dairy Crest has launched a staff consultation at its Proper Welsh Milk site, which it plans to close.
- Monsanto GM study retraction blasted by scientistsSubscription
- M&S to assess antibiotic use on dairy farms
- Chippindale doubles egg packing capacity
- Neonicotinoid ban must be fully policed say green groups
- HisBe to tell customers how much money goes to suppliers
- Dairy bull farms urged to make £100m moreSubscription
- Strictly Come Dancing stars mark Christmas cheese ceremony
Recent blog posts
A butter plant – albeit a £17m one – would seem an unlikely forum for a lesson in the history of capitalism and the merits of EU membership.
When news broke that MRSA had been identified in British turkeys, you could imagine the glint in the tabloid hacks’ eyes. But astute handling of the story appears to have calmed fears.
First Milk’s deal with Adams Foods is a live case study of the increasingly vertical integration taking place across the UK food industry…
- The big cheese
- Herring wars
- Cracked decision
- A cracking idea
- A2 Milk serves a bitter pill
- Bananas follow milk
- The toast of the egg trade