Martijn joined the Google UKI management team in 2015 as UK Sales Director in charge of leading the sales team responsible for developing eCommerce initiatives and strategies across a large portfolio of retail and technology partners.
Having joined Google in 2007, Martijn has worked in various roles from working with the world's foremost pureplay retailers to leading Google's efforts with the fashion industry, as well as developing thought leadership on export and most recently Google Shopping products.
Prior to joining Google, Martijn worked at Dixons, one of Europe's largest specialist electrical retailers. He is a graduate of the European Business Program at the Erasmus in Rotterdam and Fachhochschule Muenster and holds a MA in International Business.
Sometimes, we obsess about day-to-day performance to the detriment of bigger changes
In the smartphone era consumers are now almost umbilically attached to their devices
How technology can aid consumer focusSubscription
Delivering a superlative customer experience moved to the top of the agenda in 2016
- Video's the Christmas marketing starSubscription
- Machine learning is making a difference alreadySubscription
- Bake Off needs a strategic marketing approachSubscription
- Real-time trend data is vital for maximising salesSubscription
- Retailers must become media ownersSubscription
- Think big, go fast and match the consumer's thinkingSubscription
- Get video into the marketing mixSubscription