Richard is deputy fresh foods editor at The Grocer, assisting section editor Julia Glotz. He covers the retail fresh foods sector, including meat, fish, fruit & veg and eggs, as well as relevant issues in the agriculture, horticulture and aquaculture industries. He also assists Julia in production of the annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610290
Dairy Crest has launched a staff consultation at its Proper Welsh Milk site, which it plans to close.
Monsanto has used the retraction of a controversial paper about Roundup weedkiller to stress its commitment to safety…
Marks & Spencer is to start monitoring antibiotic usage on dairy farms in its dedicated milk supply pool…
- Chippindale doubles egg packing capacity
- Neonicotinoid ban must be fully policed say green groups
- HisBe to tell customers how much money goes to suppliers
- Dairy bull farms urged to make £100m moreSubscription
- Strictly Come Dancing stars mark Christmas cheese ceremony
- Welsh spuds win EU protection
- FSA warns farmers on milk contamination
Recent blog posts
When news broke that MRSA had been identified in British turkeys, you could imagine the glint in the tabloid hacks’ eyes. But astute handling of the story appears to have calmed fears.
First Milk’s deal with Adams Foods is a live case study of the increasingly vertical integration taking place across the UK food industry…
As big cheeses go, Mark Allen, CEO of Dairy Crest, takes some beating. The Grocer’s Dairymen supplement catches up with Allen to talk about acquisitions, competitors, innovation and pensions…
- Herring wars
- Cracked decision
- A cracking idea
- A2 Milk serves a bitter pill
- Bananas follow milk
- The toast of the egg trade
- An idea with a catch