Richard is deputy fresh foods editor at The Grocer, assisting section editor Julia Glotz. He covers the retail fresh foods sector, including meat, fish, fruit & veg and eggs, as well as relevant issues in the agriculture, horticulture and aquaculture industries. He also assists Julia in production of the annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610290
Waitrose is aiming to boost bee-friendly plant sales by gathering data from consumers on the habits of bees in their gardens.
Retail banana shortages have been averted after Colombian workers reached an 11th hour pay deal with producers.
Scottish dairy company Graham’s is muscling into the branded Cheddar market with the launch of a three-strong range.
- 2 Sisters downplays TB probe at West Bromwich site
- EFFPA aims to convert more food waste into animal feed
- Smartphone adjusts soft fruit irrigation
- EU ruling clears up the future of fruit lasering
- 'Go to Work on an Egg' slogan returns for British Egg Week
- Ecuador urges banana exporters to join forces
- 2 Sisters' Kuldip Kular steps down
Recent blog posts
A healthy, filling and portable snack for only 68p/kg: bananas! You might say…
The Grocer looks back at the Salmonella crisis, 25 years on, and the role of then-junior health minister Edwina Currie…
With fish firmly on shoppers’ radars, following the recent airing of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Fish Fight…
- Nordics say hello! to The Grocer factor
- Crisis management
- A bad day for good news
- Horses for cources
- Going, going, Vion
- Aldershot, a turner and a sausage sarnie
- A proper fish fight