Coca-Cola is launching a massive brand personalisation campaign - and replacing its name with the consumer’s on one side of its bottles.

Britain’s biggest fmcg brand this week started rolling out cases of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coca-Cola Zero featuring a random selection of the 150 most popular names in the country alongside the usual branding.

Between now and the end of August, the supplier will put 100 million of the bottles on the market under the banner of Share A Coke - which it has claimed is its biggest-ever summer campaign.

The names range from Aaron to Zoe and will appear on 80% its single 500ml and 375ml PET bottles, while the remaining 20% will carry ‘Share a Coke with Friends’.

Larger bottles and multipacks will not have names but will carry messages encouraging shoppers to share a Coke with family and friends.

The company is launching a website where shoppers can view a list of the names on the bottles. Consumers whose name doesn’t appear on packs will have the option to create a virtual bottle on the site and share it online.

The campaign follows similar activity in Australia last year that led to a 4% sales uplift, claimed the company. It was also a “phenomenal success” in terms of social media activity as consumers shared news of finding their name on a bottle, said Coca-Cola Enterprises operational marketing director Caroline Cater.

From 11 May, CCE will begin supporting the bottles with “an explosion” of marketing activity, she added. While focused on digital, the push will include TV.

Coca-Cola value sales have risen 1.7% year-on-year [IRI 52 w/e 30 March], and have been boosted by a major promotional push launched at the start of 2013.

For more information on which names are on the bottles, and whether more names will be added, visit the Coca-Cola website.

Read this: Coca-Cola adds 100 more names to personalised bottles