- Value growth can be primarily attributed to price inflation.
- Laundry detergents and auto dish are the biggest influences on price rises and thus shoppers are paying more on each shopping occasion.
- As a consequence of increased prices, shoppers are purchasing less per trip, causing the decline in volume sales.
- Brands dominate the market but own label has been the star performer, growing its value and volume well above the market rate. Own-label washing up liquid and household cleaners are the cornerstones of this performance with both in double-digit value and volume growth.
- Despite own-label price increases, it still remains a notably cheaper offer than brands, which have suffered year-on-year because of shopper losses in auto dish, liquid antiseptics/disinfectants and laundry detergents.
Alex Hare, analyst, Kantar Worldpanel
Household brands all washed up
- Currently reading
Household products: Kantar Worldpanel data