Julia is fresh foods editor of The Grocer. She covers the retail fresh foods sector, including dairy, meat, fish and eggs as well as fruit and veg. In addition, she is in charge of The Grocer’s coverage of the wholesale and commodity markets.
Julia also commissions and edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610257
Anchor Cheddar is set to make its debut in the c-store sector thanks to distribution deals with Booker and Makro…
The EC has reassured producers of feta and gorgonzola they will not face competition from Canadian cheese producers…
Arla appears to be eyeing a move into branded infant nutrition in the UK…
- Tesco and St Merryn kick off two-year beef contracts
- Scientists launch new meat test to stop fraudSubscription
- Nampak accuses Alpla of patent infringementSubscription
- Halal poultry price to be pushed up by mechanical kill banSubscription
- Noble Foods names replacement for CEO Peter Thornton
- Tesco and Hilton strike five-year meat deal
- David Sugden, formerly of Geest and GreencoreSubscription
Recent blog posts
The UK has a new weapon in the fight against organised crime as of this week, and the food industry should take note.
Asda and Tesco’s ill-judged ‘mental patient’ Halloween costumes pose serious questions about the checks and balances applied to online merchandise. How on earth was this allowed to happen?
A pork chop labelled as ‘British’ and bought in a Tesco Express has failed a provenance test. Was this a one-off, or a symptom of a wider problem?
- Risk management
- Bovine TB: Scare tactics aren't right
- CAP in hand
- Horsemeat, three months on
- Shutting the stable door?
- Horse meat: the blame game
- Meet on the bones