Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
The tabloids aren’t mincing their words about clean eating poster girls the Hemsley sisters today
Clearance is conditional on AB selling off practically all of SAB’s European beer business
ABP chief executive Paul Finnerty to step downSubscription
Current COO Frank Stephenson will take over as CEO from 1 October
- BBC web recipe cull clears the kitchen tops for rivalsSubscription
- We should make a right song and dance about food fraudSubscription
- Asda increases in-store price of milk and commits to 100% British yoghurtSubscription
- BBC recipe archive cull opens up new opportunities for retailers and brandsSubscription
- Can Müller put milkmen on the road to a second coming?Subscription
- Sheffield's Our Cow Molly wins BBC Future Food Award
- Asda extends beef deal with ABP for a further six yearsSubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement