Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Physicists have much to offer the food & drink industry but recruitment has been lagging
Reports suggest a click & collect service will be trialled in Berlin from December
Apart from ‘banging the drum’, what’s Defra’s post-Brexit plan?
- Farming subsidies: government has appetite for radical reformSubscription
- Aldi and the art of minimalismVideo
- Müller to invest an extra £100m in UK dairy operationsSubscription
- Life after Brexit: the key priorities for dairy nowVideoSubscription
- P&G poaches Mondelez media exec for new global roleSubscription
- ONS sees no post-Brexit dip in consumer confidence despite August sales fallSubscription
- Procter & Gamble says it's hungry for more external hires
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement