Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Can food authenticity testing do DIY? A French start-up selling a ‘halal food testing kit’ targeted at Muslim consumers certainly believes so.
Consultants have quantified the economic impact of palm oil on the UK and EU economy for the first time…
Ocado is looking to add 80 new Malaysian food and drink products to its range this year…
- Tesco deserves a pat on the back for its disclosure on meatSubscription
- Tesco clamps down on suppliers after meat cross-contamination casesSubscription
- End of an era: Dairy Crest prepares to wave goodbye to milk in glass bottles
- Dairy Crest to close two sites amid 'challenging' market conditions but profits on track
- Chilli sauce sales overtake Worcester sauceSubscription
- The red flags of food fraud: a guide
- Food crime unit: will it deliver what Elliott calls for?Subscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement