Julia is fresh foods editor of The Grocer. She covers the retail fresh foods sector, including dairy, meat, fish and eggs as well as fruit and veg. In addition, she is in charge of The Grocer’s coverage of the wholesale and commodity markets.
Julia also commissions and edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610257
The Advertising Standards Authority has cleared the AHDB’s “Give a Fork about your Pork” press ad campaign, after three people complained its use of language was offensive.
Premium pork specialist Cranswick has announced a 7% rise in sales and 8% rise in profits, despite record pig and feed prices.
Müller Wiseman’s new butter plant is on track to start production this autumn…
- FSA Northern Ireland horsemeat misnaming 'cost 31 jobs'
- UK halal meat suppliers missing '£1bn export opportunity'
- Welsh lamb is focus of new HCC campaign
- Halal burger test result in Leicester challenged, supplier considers legal action
- New Iglo Group CEO vows to accelerate growth
- Yakult ad banned for implying health advantages
- Philadelphia with Cadbury inspires Tesco own label
Recent blog posts
Nearly three months ago, the proverbial hit the fan. Tests by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland revealed horse DNA in some frozen burgers (and subsequently in pretty much everything else), unleashing a wave of tests and investigations across the EU…
There’s just no pleasing some people. Philip Clarke had barely left the stage at the NFU conference in Birmingham…
The horsemeat scandal erupted into bitter recriminations and a torrent of legal threats over the weekend, as brands vowed to sue suppliers who vowed to sue sub-suppliers, and different EU governments engaged in vigorous finger-pointing.
- Meet on the bones
- The source of the horse?
- Horse trading
- The GM detox
- Thank you Mr Paterson
- All Greek to me
- Paterson books a place in the last chance saloon