Julia is fresh foods editor of The Grocer. She covers the retail fresh foods sector, including dairy, meat, fish and eggs as well as fruit and veg. In addition, she is in charge of The Grocer’s coverage of the wholesale and commodity markets.
Julia also commissions and edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610257
Harry Ramsden’s has expanded into the retail chicken market for the first time, launching a range of frozen chicken products into Tesco.
Retailers are likely to find it harder and more expensive than usual to source Royal Gala apples this year…
The Soil Association has struck a partnership with Chinese organic certification body the Organic Food Development Centre…
- Tesco and Sainsbury's to boost halal offerings
- Dewlay launches brie-style Garstang White cheese
- British and French in scallop war talks
- Irish hit back at cattle trade stifling claims
- Horsemeat tests at local authorities kick off again
- The Collective launches Suckies kids' gourmet yoghurts
- Copa-Cogeca calls for consultation on EC beef talks with the US
Recent blog posts
There are few things that agitate farmers quite as much as supermarkets messing with the white stuff.
In Justin King and Peter Kendall, the National Farmers’ Union conference yesterday served up two major industry figures on their way to pastures new.
When it comes to food prices, we tend to display some pretty contradictory attitudes…
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement
- Pork chop shock
- Risk management
- Bovine TB: Scare tactics aren't right
- CAP in hand