Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
It’s confident a “fantastic institution” can be brought up to date
The dairy brand recently struck a deal to supply milk to The Co-op stores across Sheffield
The new contract will be serviced from ABP UK’s site in Doncaster
- Reprieve for the British milkman as Müller unveils plans to boost Milk&More
- 140 jobs at risk as QV Foods eyes potato packing site closureSubscription
- FSA campylobacter survey suspended over accuracy concernsSubscription
- Promotional slowdown reflects shift to everyday low pricesSubscription
- Mars offers actionable advice, but approach raises questionsSubscription
- Asda's Chosen By You own-label range to be axedSubscription
- New Mars labelling scheme to help shoppers tell everyday eats from occasional treatsSubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement