Julia is fresh foods editor of The Grocer. She covers the retail fresh foods sector, including dairy, meat, fish and eggs as well as fruit and veg. In addition, she is in charge of The Grocer’s coverage of the wholesale and commodity markets.
Julia also commissions and edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610257
First Milk has lost its own-label Cheddar contract with Morrisons, with Lactalis McLelland believed to have taken it.
Brits bought 91,000 tonnes less veg and nearly 40,000 tonnes less fruit in 2013…
How much will the milk price war cost Tesco?Subscription
With supermarket milk wars back in the headlines, how much will this latest round of price cuts cost the retailers?
- Waitrose and Nisa respond to Tesco milk price cut
- Sainsbury’s and Co-op follow Tesco with milk price cuts
- Co-op stripped of chicken welfare award
- Tesco milk price cut sends ‘wrong signal’, farmers warn
- Lurpak range targets ambitious home cooks
- Boparan defends Tesco over chicken sourcing issue
- Milk Race is back for 2014
Recent blog posts
There are few things that agitate farmers quite as much as supermarkets messing with the white stuff.
In Justin King and Peter Kendall, the National Farmers’ Union conference yesterday served up two major industry figures on their way to pastures new.
When it comes to food prices, we tend to display some pretty contradictory attitudes…
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement
- Pork chop shock
- Risk management
- Bovine TB: Scare tactics aren't right
- CAP in hand