Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
The company will be paying the new wage from 1 November and plans to be accredited by the Living Wage Foundation by then
Farmcare sets out life after The Co-opSubscription
Farmcare will see a return to more traditional mixed farming methods
It is understood the process to replace Allum is well under way, and Allum will remain with First Milk until the handover has been completed
- Milk price dilemma for supermarkets as consumer concern soars
- Defra to rethink mandatory CCTV in UK abattoirs
- Halal meat should not be brought into disrepute by Bowood
- Have Dairy Crest's rivals set sights on its stable of brands?Subscription
- Palm oil an example of difficulties of marrying sustainability with needs of developing countries
- Palm oil producers face sustainability dilemmaSubscription
- Does TTIP threaten the protection of UK speciality foods?Subscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement