Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Fresh produce is a major weapon in the war between the discounters and the major mults, and the damage is plain to see…
The discounters have made a major play for meat and poultry over the past year – with Aldi’s stunt…
The most recent Efra hearing on food supply networks would have made for uncomfortable listening for the Food Standards Ag…
- Ian Toal takes charge of 2 Sisters' chilled and ready meals business as divisional MD
- Food prices: will 2015 be calm for food and commodities?Subscription
- Campylobacter: FSA reveals supermarket test results
- New horsemeat scandal rocks Switzerland
- Unilever to use sustainable palm oil in all European foods by end of 2014
- Aldi and Icelandic settle Saucy Fish 'copycat' case out of court
- Müller deal likely to have significant impact on butter market
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement