Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
All three are due to appear in court in London on 27 September
Brands tell us alert buyers who ask smart questions about supply chains, standards and quality checks make a real difference
Coconut water: a fair target?Subscription
Rapid growth has created vulnerabilities. So what is the sector doing to safeguard standards and keep supply chains secure?
- Infographic: The UK coconut water market at a glance
- Vita Coco owner to bring new premium coconut water to UKSubscription
- Onken makes play for breakfast on the go with porridgeSubscription
- What are the essential components for online profitability?Subscription
- Workfare: grocery must tell positive employment storiesSubscription
- Unilever to take Dollar Shave Club global after $1bn dealSubscription
- Unilever accelerates e-commerce strategy with Dollar Shave Club dealSubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement