Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Consumer awareness on how to avoid food poisoning from campylobacter is worryingly low, a poll for The Grocer reveals…
Meurig Raymond will ask Tesco “exactly where we stand” after supermarket said it would source more homegrown meat and embrace closer supply chains
Morrisons has pulled the plug on its customer magazine with immediate effect
- MEPs vote to ban cloned animal food products in the EUSubscription
- British herring season delayed by cold weather and discards banSubscription
- MRSA in pork products: government and pig industry reactSubscription
- Nutellagate: French minister apologises over palm oil claims
- Ferrero defends palm oil record amid French calls for Nutella boycottSubscription
- Lidl stresses fair wage commitment as shrimp worker petition nears targetSubscription
- New FSA study calculates cost of healthy eating for poor householdsSubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement