Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
A new supplier-backed online grocery platform that has just launched in Denmark is eyeing international expansion
Shobr: Denmark’s new online grocery sensation Subscription
A new online grocery marketplace, run by suppliers without retailers, shows disintermediation in action - and it’s eyeing international expansion
Asda CEO Andy Clarke to step down in JulySubscription
Walmart has confirmed Andy Clarke will step down from his post as CEO and president of Asda next month, with Walmart China boss Sean Clarke taking over
- Amazon Fresh launches in the UK: your guide to what’s on offerSubscription
- Walmart steps up fight against Amazon with Uber grocery delivery trial Video
- FSA eyes three options for new campylobacter survey Subscription
- Are we getting campylobacter by the scruff of the neck – or not?Subscription
- Let’s have some perspective on the clean eating ‘backlash’Subscription
- AB InBev/SAB Miller mega merger cleared by European CommissionSubscription
- ABP chief executive Paul Finnerty to step downSubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement