- The growth of squash, cordials & juice drinks has begun to slow and growth is now in line with total soft drinks, in contrast to a strong performance last year driven by double concentrate, particularly branded launches.
- Double concentrate lines have attracted shoppers, fetching a higher price per litre and making strong positive contributions to category growth.
- Posh squash in glass bottles is suffering most in value and volume sales this is annualising against strong sales last year.
- The market has failed to keep all the shoppers it attracted last year.
- Price increases have also correlated with shoppers buying less often, particularly detrimental in this area as prices are already at a premium.
Kelly Gregg Kantar Worldpanel
Focus on soft drinks: Health, responsibility and stevia
- Currently reading
Squash and cordials: Kantar says double concentrate attracting shoppers