Amy North joined The Grocer in December 2014 as Category Reports Deputy Editor. She works closely with Rob Brown on the weekly category reports and monthly digital features.
She read journalism at the University of Westminster before pursuing a career on trade publications. Having previously worked on titles including letsrecycle.com and Retail Environment, she has a keen interest in environmental issues affecting the industry, particularly waste and recycling. Health and nutrition is also high up on her list of interests. That’s not to say she isn’t the first one to the sample table when goodies arrive at The Grocer HQ.
Away from work, her biggest passions include film, rock music and roller derby.
We’ve quizzed buyers from Bestway and The Co-op on the state of snacking. So how can players can stay ahead in the race for growth?
Fruit & nut mixes, on-the-go snack packs and crunchy beans with seeds – combination snacks are growing fast thanks to innovative NPD
Healthy and natural snacking sees nut sales rise with retailers and brands rolling out new ranges to draw consumers in
- Revealed: A new twist on snack sharing formats!
- ‘Healthy’ snacks dominate our global NPD picks
- PDF: Barbecue category report 2017
- Dude food: Barbecue category report 2017 VideoSubscription
- Burgers overtake sausages as Britain's favourite BBQ meat
- 10 Things You Need To Know About... Canned Goods
- 1. Why canned food must lift the lid on modern NPD - videoVideo