- Five of household’s biggest brands significantly cut ad spend last year as many turned to price promotions to drive sales.
- P&G bucked the trend with Ariel, forking out a cool £10m on the brand as part of its Olympic push. It paid off too: Ariel’s sales increased 5% on volumes up 4.1% [SymphonyIRI].
- As the battle with own label heats up, brands are turning back to traditional advertising in a bid to regain the upper hand.
- RB launched a £5m ad campaign in November for Cillit Bang with “ad legend” Barry Scott. It will spend millions on campaigns for Finish and Dettol in 2013.
- Last month, TV presenter Dawn Porter returned to front a major new campaign for Andrex, which increased its media spend last year by more than a third year-on-year.
Household brands all washed up
- Currently reading
Brands ramp up ad spend for 2013