Christmas is coming, in-store festivities are underway and we’re on the hunt for brands and retailers going the extra mile with their Christmas display
Have you seen a grocery retailer deck the aisles with boughs of holly or tinsel the till point? Submit your own innovative shop display or one you’ve spotted for our #instorespot competition.
“It’s great to have the #inStoreSpot competition back up and running,” said Savvy CEO Catherine Shuttleworth.
“Last time we saw some great showstopper efforts from staff that really deserved recognition. This Christmas we’ll will looking for innovation and activation that’s clearly driven by actionable insight – we look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!”
Entries so far:
How to submit an entry:
- Capture a brand or retailer’s Christmas display and marketing instore
- Tweet us the picture @thegrocer with #instorespot, along with your name, the store name and location
- Don’t tweet? You can email your pictures and comments to email@example.com
- We’ll accept entries up to and including 17 December 2017
- Once the competition closes, our industry experts will start judging the entries and we will announce the winner on our website
How we will be judging the entries:
- Timeliness for campaign – did it launch too early, in plenty of time?
- Unique – how is it different to competitors – did it go the extra mile?
- Drive to purchase - does it drive you to buy the product or to spend more in store?
- Relevance to target shopper - does the activity get the shopper type?
- Call to action – did it engage the shopper and if so how?
About our judges:
Catherine Shuttleworth – Founder and CEO of Savvy
Catherine founded Savvy in 2006 with the belief that agencies should create great ideas that deliver effective and sustainable commercial results. As a result the agency has grown to become one of the most respected shopper marketing agencies in the country. Catherine – and Savvy’s - reputation is reflected in the company that it keeps, with key clients including Morphy Richards, Morrisons, Mars, Symingtons and many other household names. The agency has won numerous awards – most recently the Shopper Marketing Campaign of the Year trophy at The Grocer MAP awards. Catherine is widely regarded as a leading authority in the retail sector and in addition to running the agency, she’s regularly called upon to provide expert opinion and comment for the BBC and other broadcasters.
Angus MacIver, CEO at McCurrach
Angus oversees a team of up to 2500 sales people, many dedicated to working with some of the largest suppliers to the UK Grocery sector. He has had nearly 30 years in sales and marketing roles with most of that in either FMCG: P&G Brand Management and PepsiCo Marketing, sales and shopper insight; or grocery retail where he was group marketing director at Morrisons 2007-2011. Instore execution is the lifeblood of McCurrach and is dear to the heart of anyone who has worked in retail.
Sue McVie, Strategic Marketing Director for Kerry Foods
Sue has worked for a number of leading FMCG businesses including United Biscuits, Coca Cola, Pepsico and Vodafone in a range of consumer, category and shopper marketing leadership roles. During her time with Kerry Foods, she has overseen the meats consumer marketing, category management, Ecommerce and shopper marketing teams across GB and Ireland covering a range of chilled and frozen categories including sausages, cooked meats & snacking. Kerry Foods have received industry recognition over many years, most recently having won a Platinum FMBE award for shopper marketing activation in 2016 and a Cannes Award for digital excellence in 2017.
Need some more inspiration? Here are some winners from 2015: