Beth covers Sainsbury’s, The Co-operative Group and indie retailers including members of Nisa and Costcutter. She also covers wholesalers including P&H, Booker and Bestway. Also on her patch are forecourts, the newstrade and the National Lottery.
- 01293 610227
Sainsbury's Longstone, EdinburghSubscription
Sainsbury’s is in Edinburgh already, but we treated the opening as if we were coming to the area for the first time…
The government is to introduce a registration scheme for alcohol wholesalers in a bid to tackle duty fraud.
Consumer minister Jo Swinson has praised supermarkets for making the prices of the products they sell clearer and simpler.
- Menzies and Smiths News strike new deals with Trinity Mirror
- Three names in mix for merged Anglia and Midlands Co-ops
- Benoit Testard appointed Tangerine non-exec
- Alfred Jones boosted Tesco/One Stop share by 0.02%, says OFT
- Nisa app gives remote real-time info
- Bestway Direct sales soar by 10%
- Jempson's secures its fifth supermarket
Recent blog posts
In a fast-moving, multi-media world, the Post Office needs to change - and it’s taking steps to do so…
Despite the odd newt in a salad and fly in mashed potato, it seems Sainsbury’s can’t put a foot wrong at the moment.
The Co-operative Group’s ‘divi’ is an icon of the grocery sector - so this week’s announcement is a bitter blow…
- Fair's fair
- Hedging their bets
- Closing the net
- Booker-winning summer
- The Co-op supertanker
- Tobacco bites Booker
- A two-fingered salute