Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
Wholesaler HT & Co Drinks has acquired a 50% stake in Gift Creation & Design (GC&D)…
The Co-operative Group has sold a further two stores to Aldi as it continues the sell-off of its larger stores…
It takes some serious planning! It’s all about making sure colleagues are trained and everyone is scheduled…
- Cereals: perfect storm proves a real cereal killerSubscription
- Bagged snacks: Walkers Pops boom in slow sectorSubscription
- Sainsbury's gears up for bumper Christmas online
- Government launches consultation on sale of e-cigs to under-18s
- Londis to invest £2.3m in store development in 2015
- Bidvest 3663 wins new contract with Westbury Street Holdings
- Henderson puts the Spar in Sparkle in Christmas TV ad campaign
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)