Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
Chief executive Zameer Choudrey has reiterated Bestway’s commitment to wholesaling following its £620m acquisition of The …
Sales of Nisa’s Heritage own-label range have soared 53% since it was relaunched in April…
David Fearnley-Brown has been appointed managing director of chilled ethnic foods manufacturer S&A Foods…
- Peter Durose is Little Smoked Food Company chairman
- Bestway not set to supply easyFoodstore despite discussionsSubscription
- Sainsbury's website glitch delays festive food ordering
- P&H sets target of 100 sites for Central Convenience StoresSubscription
- Jason Rickaby, PhD Nutrition, on pets and perseveranceSubscription
- Store of the week: Sainsbury's BeaconsfieldSubscription
- MPs' report helps get Co-op Bank back on trackSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)