Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
I say that I’m in chocolate and therefore spend my life pleasing women! Everybody loves chocolate…
In my first job I read a lot of Dickens and got pretty good at darts…
The big multiple grocers now account for almost 10% of the convenience retail market, and they’re continuing to open stores at a blistering rate. So who’s ahead?
- Symbol group own label muscles in on brands
- Hitting the bottle: The party's not over for the off licence
- Grocery Retail Structure 2015: how c-stores can keep upSubscription
- Asda Stowmarket wins close-fought Grocer 33 battleSubscription
- Spar set for summer with al fresco rangeSubscription
- Charles Wilson on Booker deal - 'The Budgens and Londis supply chain is underutilised'Subscription
- Mark Byrne, Sharpak Aylesham, on boxing and his iPhoneSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)