Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
Sainsbury’s is to introduce a new trolley for disabled children in all of its stores following a successful trial.
“If you grit your teeth and show real determination, you always have a chance” – Charlie Brown…
Elizabeth Harper has won a listing at the chain after triumphing in Booths’ version of The Great British Bake Off…
- Tout Budgens returns to profitabilitySubscription
- Sainsbury's reveals its online ambitions for Tu clothing range
- Bestway Batley's Foodservice secures three new contracts
- Co-op reassures staff it is not looking for 24/7 availability
- Nisa departures creating a symbol sector vacuum
- Nisa retail strategy 'will weather' Neil Turton departure Subscription
- Justin King warns of price rises if Scotland goes independent
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)