Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
Robert Schofield returns as chairman of SlimFastSubscription
Former Premier Foods CEO Robert Schofield has resurfaced as chairman of SlimFast as the brand prepares to relaunch in UK…
“It’s a really positive step for One Stop and the ACS to be working together again,” said One Stop CEO Tony Reed
I have 450 really well-engaged, inspirational colleagues. We always aim to be the best in town…
- Jonathan James joins Conviviality as franchisee of 36 c-stores
- Co-operative Party campaigns to keep financial support from The Co-op Group
- Bidvest Fresh buys majority stake in Henson Foods
- Sainsbury's introduces Yammer social network for staff
- Spar looks to open YMCA-staffed store in Stoke-on-Trent
- Darren Jones named ABP UK commercial director
- Jason Tarry takes over from John Scouler as GroceryAid president
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)