James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Are you in the driving seat? Then enter now!
Whatever havoc Brexit eventually wreaks, products aren’t the only thing the UK is successfully exporting
I am keen to offset my fuel use with a hybrid but convincing the boss to allow me a BMW i8 is not easy
- Munchies' film takes an affectionate look at pie and mashSubscription
- Death of a salesman? How fmcg selling is changing fastSubscription
- Lidl decision to restock non-food on Sundays a 'no-brainer'Subscription
- “Share what you’ve achieved” and enter Top New Talent 2016
- Workfare controversy reignited by retailer namingSubscription
- Tim Mason Big Interview: Ups, downs, and a digital futureSubscription
- Hugh's War on Waste uncovers more picky supermarketsSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant