James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
With 43 days to go, the Brexit debate remains as entertaining as ever
There is an equally valuable alternative to ‘big data’
The industry is planning to vote with its heart, not its head – and at the moment the majority are planning to vote Brexit
- Covent Garden Market appoints new CEO to lead redevelopmentSubscription
- Brexit or Bremain: David Cameron on why we should stay in the EUSubscription
- Food Detectives: spurious stuff about soft drinksSubscription
- Supplier of the Year 2016Subscription
- Andrew Joret of the British Egg Industry Council: Big Interview Subscription
- Doug Gurr appointed UK country manager at AmazonSubscription
- The egg market may well crack more NPDSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant