James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Power List methodologySubscription
Building The Grocer Power List is an exhaustive process
Carlsberg claims to have launched the best shopping trolley in the world
It’s the question dividing the nation: what to do about sugar?
- NCR claims latest self-checkout system eases shopper stress Subscription
- Ways for retailers to keep up with the digital revolutionSubscription
- Oracle makes grocery debut with 'tough' PoS
- Tetra Pak's Stefan Fageräng takes aim at the UKSubscription
- Lose Weight Well: ironically titled show about diet madnessSubscription
- Asda offers UK-wide smartphone coupon for Nicotinell
- Kwik Save founder Albert Gubay dies aged 87
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant