James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews, as well as the Critical Eye TV column, news articles and blogs. Particular areas of interest include emerging technology, and the rise of the discounters.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
His big passions are pop culture, Chelsea Football Club, and food and drink. @jameshalliwell
- 01293 610253
How many power stations does it take to change a lightbulb? Three!…
One of grocery’s most successful partnerships over the last four years has come to an end.
Way back in 1890, a good 28 years after The Grocer first hit news-stands, Law’s Grocer’s Manual was published…
- Sainsbury's tackles employee engagement to reduce shrinkage
- MasterChef: the Professionals - still a classic dish
- News: The Grocer calls for mass switch to LED
- Masterclass: How easily can a convenience store switch the lights?
- The Grocer Top New Talent list 2014Video
- Dispatches gets serious with Rice: How Safe is our Food?Subscription
- Got the talent – then just do itSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant