James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Sainsbury’s has launched a brainwave of a money-spinner that doesn’t involve buying up 1980s high street brands
If they ever bring out a Matthew Barnes talking doll, when you yank the string at the back it will squawk: “We will not be beaten on price.”
Next time you’re stressed cooking a Sunday roast, consider Charles Green
- Bling It On! Spirits Category Report 2016Subscription
- Kara Rosen, Plenish, on drunk job interviews and MadonnaSubscription
- Milk and health: Are mixed messages damaging to dairy?
- Spirits Category Report 2016
- Your Wine Questions Answered: simple and curious wine guideSubscription
- Paul Davenport, Borderfields, on Alice Cooper and dressing upSubscription
- The Grocer Cup 2016: The ContendersVideo
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant