James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews, as well as the Critical Eye TV column, news articles and blogs. Particular areas of interest include emerging technology, and the rise of the discounters.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
His big passions are pop culture, Chelsea Football Club, and food and drink. @jameshalliwell
- 01293 610253
Aldi launches its first-ever organic rangeSubscription
Aldi has rolled out its first ever range of organic vegetables, and claims shoppers will save 25% compared to a basket of organic veg from supermarket rivals.
Daytime TV has a well-deserved reputation for vacuous repetition, and the first episode of Daily Brunch with Ocado…
Lidl and Aldi are proving that the Germans have a sense of humour – and really get social media too…
- Jack Daniel's Order of Gentlemen get Tumblr site
- Nick Collard, Morrisons, on winning the G33 mobile battleSubscription
- Store of the week: Sainsbury's BanburySubscription
- In-store technology: keeping it simpleSubscription
- The Great British Bake Off finale: perfectionism triumphs
- Gayle Tait on Google's part in grocery's futureSubscription
- SCA sponsors all-female team in Volvo Ocean Race
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant