James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews and also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. He is currently shortlisted for the PPA award in 2015. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Fundamental shift needed to woo young adults says new research
Candy Kittens seeks £300k from the crowdSubscription
Made in Chelsea confectionery brand Candy Kittens plans to raise £400,000 via a crowdfunding campaign launching later this week.
Leadership Symposium to hit Wembley soonSubscription
Confirmed speakers for the event on 1 December include Justin King, Lord MacLaurin, Fiona Dawson, Sir Clive Woodward, Richard Baker and Jason Tarry
- Asda's Price Guarantee isn't cutting it: expect it to goSubscription
- The Apprentice's candidates lack discounter sophistrySubscription
- Convenient Christmas: how indies can make the most of itSubscription
- The big four are flagging even before the Christmas race has startedSubscription
- Amazon delivers another headache for the UK multsSubscription
- The Grocer Top New Talent 2016: how to enter?
- Top New Talent 2015
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant