James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews and also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. He is currently shortlisted for the PPA award in 2015. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Asda CEO Andy Clarke Sanguine stuff from Asda CEO Andy Clarke this morning, who took the hot seat as guest editor of The Grocer on a gloriously sunny day only for Kantar Worldp
I’m not sure James Martin is convinced his latest cookery show The Box is a winner…
There’s only one way to find out…
- Grocer Gold 2015 Store Manager of the Year Richard PerrySubscription
- Specialist Online Retailer of the Year: HelloFresh
- Cultivating Fear: Tom Heap explores GM's blurred linesSubscription
- Plenty kicks off wider roll-out of cleaning wipes range
- SCA aims to conquer the world, by boat and by brandSubscription
- Wincanton retail MD Liam McElroy Big Interview Subscription
- Eating Together: Nigel Slater modest & masterful on dumplingsSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant