James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews and also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. He is currently shortlisted for the PPA award in 2015. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Convenience shoppers are on a mission. And if independent retailers want to help them they need to get smarter.
Armed with hammers, nails, and a plan to build 90 beehives in three days, the women plan to kickstart a profitable and sustainable honey farming business
Who’d be a twin? As a baby you get half the attention you deserve, as a teen you worry if your twin is better-looking…
- The World's Most Expensive Foods: flush foodies flash the cashSubscription
- Poundland CEO Jim McCarthy: the Big InterviewSubscription
- Dan Ronald and Giles Hurley joint GMDs at Aldi UK & IrelandSubscription
- Matthew Barnes Big Interview: Going Solo as Aldi UK's first CEOSubscription
- Egyptian situation needn't slow down Coupe's Sainsbury's workSubscription
- The mega pig farm that kicked up a mega stinkSubscription
- School Dinners Progress Report gets full marks Subscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant