Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
Elio Leoni Sceti leaves Iglo CEO role for CotySubscription
Elio Leoni Sceti, CEO of Birds Eye owner Iglo Group, is to join beauty company Coty as chief executive…
Dynamic Retail, which had been trading under the Premier fascia, has relaunched as Scotfresh
Costcutter passes 2,600 store markSubscription
The symbol group said that following a positive first quarter in which it added 41 new stores, it now had 2,625 stores
- NFRN urges politicians to retain Sunday trading lawsSubscription
- Tobacco: local authorities pose restriction threat, warns ACSSubscription
- BHS extends in-store concessions with Booker and Compass Group
- Londis reshuffles management team
- The Co-op Group joins hunt for drivers with new training schemeSubscription
- Jet boosts forecourt retail offer through Spar dealSubscription
- Liam Rafferty appointed managing director at Frozen ValueSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)