Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
As an added incentive, Bestway has introduced a monthly ‘shopping list’ of about five to 10 products
Kerryfresh is planning to launch online later this year, as well as introduce new products and add new customers
Today’s Group has launched an own-label petfood range – Today’s Select For Pets…
- New Co-op family-centred ad focuses on errand nostalgia
- Co-op hails redemption rates of second Coupon for Everyone
- HT & Co fails in court battle over HMRC licence revocationSubscription
- Spar wholesaler James Hall revamps lunchtime offer with sushiSubscription
- Kishor Patel approaches suppliers for online projectSubscription
- Sainsbury's close to filled pasta supply dealSubscription
- Nick Lansley to leave Tesco for 'innovation insider' role
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)