Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
Bestway is launching a new promotion next month for retailers to boost profits on its own-label Best-in range…
The Co-operative Group’s syndicate of banks will give the society some of the money back from the sale of its pharmacies and farms.
Slawomir Szymankiewicz is GSK Consumer Healthcare’s GB sales director GSK Consumer Healthcare has named Slawomir Szymankiewicz as sales director for its Great Britain and Ireland business. Szymankiewicz will lead sales across all retailers and channels for brands such
- Andrew Gray promoted to group marketing director at BAT
- Co-op Group looks to its better angels as crucial vote nearsSubscription
- Sian Breslin of Sian's Plan on jukeboxes and Jamie OliverSubscription
- JJ Food Service revamps labels ahead of allergen rule change
- Bestway releases ordering app for iOS devices
- McColl’s like-for-like sales dip in third quarter
- My alternative CV: Patience Arinaitwe-MugaduSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)