James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews and also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. He is currently shortlisted for the PPA award in 2015. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
How do you rate the supermarkets? Kantar Retail quizzed UK suppliers for the first time in its PoweRanking 2015 report
Fever-Tree is marking a decade of selling posh mixers – bagging big listings and cocking a snook at Schweppes…
Remember Black Friday? Wembley natives showed no chill once Asda’s doors slid open…
- What the Large Hadron Collider means for grocerySubscription
- Vloggers get a taste of the regulatory stickSubscription
- Screenagers as shoppers: how to target Generation ZSubscription
- Grocer Cup 2015 shortlist announcedVideoSubscription
- BoxPark pop-up shopping concept is good news for indiesSubscription
- Top New Talent contest 2015 launched by The Grocer Subscription
- Have you got talent? Get your entry in for Top New Talent 2015
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant