James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews, as well as the Critical Eye TV column, news articles and blogs. Particular areas of interest include emerging technology, and the rise of the discounters.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
His big passions are pop culture, Chelsea Football Club, and food and drink. @jameshalliwell
- 01293 610253
Harrods is the most famous shop in the world. Over seven floors of prime West London real estate, it sells wickedly expens…
Convenience store owners want more information on how they can reap the benefits of switching to LED lighting…
And lo, the blizzard of Christmas cookery shows has begun, with Jamie’s Cracking Christmas…
- One Stop One Life: fascinating account of grocery's evolution
- Leathams to save £21k a year with solar panels
- Made in Chelsea: Jamie Laing talks Candy Kittens
- The LED evolution: Colourful story of the light-emitting diode
- Blossom Hill's Marty Spate: Big InterviewSubscription
- Aldi joins chorus of Match & More complaints to ASA
- Billingsgate Fish Market doc shows there's work to be doneSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant