Beth covers Sainsbury’s, The Co-operative Group and indie retailers including members of Nisa and Costcutter. She also covers wholesalers including P&H, Booker and Bestway. Also on her patch are forecourts, the newstrade and the National Lottery.
- 01293 610227
Scottish co-operative society Scotmid has blamed low consumer confidence for a 25% fall in full-year operating profits.
Forsyth Black has been appointed managing director of Menzies Distribution.
The Co-operative Group is slashing the price of hundreds of products in its food stores.
- Nisa sales climb 10.5% as expansion continues apace
- Smiths News secures new contracts worth £215m
- Nisa relaunches Making a Difference Locally charity
- Spar retailer Chartman hit by decline in fuel volumes
- Gok Wan's back with another Sainsbury's clothing collection
- Morrisons and Bibby gear up to open third consolidation centre
- Sainsbury's to stop Nectar rewards on spirits and liqueurs
Recent blog posts
Is The Co-operative Group turning away the very help it needs to ensure its survival?
The Co-op is building stores on 54 pub sites - but it’s aiming to co-exist with existing pubs, it says.
Sainsbury’s negative numbers, which saw its 36 consecutive quarters of growth come to an end, are not as bad as they appear at first glance.
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)
- A plea for help
- King's reign ends
- Post Office TLC
- Sainsbury's breezes on
- Co-op divi doldrums
- Fair's fair