Beth covers Sainsbury’s, The Co-operative Group and indie retailers including members of Nisa and Costcutter. She also covers wholesalers including P&H, Booker and Bestway. Also on her patch are forecourts, the newstrade and the National Lottery.
- 01293 610227
Consumer minister Jo Swinson has praised supermarkets for making the prices of the products they sell clearer and simpler.
Menzies Distribution and Smiths News have both secured five-year contracts with publisher Trinity Mirror.
The enlarged society created following the merger of Midlands Co-op and Anglia Co-op has asked members to pick its new nam…
- Benoit Testard appointed Tangerine non-exec
- Alfred Jones boosted Tesco/One Stop share by 0.02%, says OFT
- Nisa app gives remote real-time info
- Bestway Direct sales soar by 10%
- Jempson's secures its fifth supermarket
- Co-op Bank admits brand damage as account closures rise
- Post Office delivers £20m upgrade plan for rural outposts
Recent blog posts
Despite the odd newt in a salad and fly in mashed potato, it seems Sainsbury’s can’t put a foot wrong at the moment.
The Co-operative Group’s ‘divi’ is an icon of the grocery sector - so this week’s announcement is a bitter blow…
“We’ve all got rather used to supermarket price wars. But there’s a new fight we’re going to pick.” So says Sainsbury’s Mike Coupe on its latest spat with Tesco…
- Hedging their bets
- Closing the net
- Booker-winning summer
- The Co-op supertanker
- Tobacco bites Booker
- A two-fingered salute
- Sainsbury's wins big