Beth joined The Grocer in May 2005 and is the deputy news editor.
Working on the retail news desk, her patch covers Sainsbury’s, retail co-operative societies, independent retailers and wholesalers.
She is especially interested in The Co-operative Group and has been closely following the ongoing developments at the society.
She also specialises in convenience – covering everyone from the big symbol operators such as Nisa and Costcutter right through to independent chains and non-affiliated retailers – as well as the issues that affect the sector and related channels such as forecourts.
Beth also edits the People section of the magazine and the People channel of the website.
Beth started her journalism career in 2001 and read Media Studies at the University of Westminster.
- 01293 610227
The Co-operative Group’s new rules, approved by elected members at a special general meeting last month, have been registered by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Sainsbury’s has blamed a “deflationary environment” for its second consecutive quarter of negative like-for-like sales.
Jenny Wilson has been appointed marketing director at Costcutter.
- Sainsbury’s draws social media mockery for ‘50p challenge’ poster
- Nisa extends tie-up with Food Force Ireland
- Stephanie Green quits Müller to take on new Aldi category role
- MPK Garages sees profits and sales rocketSubscription
- Cassandra Stavrou, Propercorn, on Labyrinth and ketchupSubscription
- The Co-op Group set to complete contactless rollout by year-end
- Jason McEwen takes up Co-op role as head of project delivery
Recent blog posts
The Co-operative Group has launched a mobile top-up shop that will act as a temporary store when one of its shops is being refurbished
New data released this morning has claimed shoppers are increasingly looking beyond the hypermarkets and supermarkets for their grocery shop
It’s a well-worn phrase, but yesterday really was the end of an era for Costcutter and Nisa.
- Et TU, Sainsbury's?
- The Co-op clears a hurdle
- Myners' strike
- Power struggle
- The Co-op heads to the pub
- Sainsbury's silver lining
- Co-op's True North heads east (London)