Beth covers Sainsbury’s, The Co-operative Group and indie retailers including members of Nisa and Costcutter. She also covers wholesalers including P&H, Booker and Bestway. Also on her patch are forecourts, the newstrade and the National Lottery.
- 01293 610227
McColl’s Retail Group has opened its 700th store, with the group on target to achieve its goal of having 800 c-stores in its portfolio by 2015
The Co-operative Group has reported a 40% surge in shoppers buying saving stamps to help spread the cost of Christmas.
All East of England Co-operative Society stores will stop selling cheap, super-strength beers and ciders from 16 December following a successful trial.
- Sainsbury's IT director Rob Fraser to stand down next year
- Crawford Currie leaves Lightbody and Finsbury Food Group
- Nabeel Ramzan appointed Landmark vice chairman
- Andrew Bonfield, former CFO at CadburySubscription
- Why would an indie choose a WH Smith Local franchise?
- Parfetts warns suppliers of more impersonation fraud
- Bestway cuts alcohol prices for Christmas
Recent blog posts
In a fast-moving, multi-media world, the Post Office needs to change - and it’s taking steps to do so…
Despite the odd newt in a salad and fly in mashed potato, it seems Sainsbury’s can’t put a foot wrong at the moment.
The Co-operative Group’s ‘divi’ is an icon of the grocery sector - so this week’s announcement is a bitter blow…
- Fair's fair
- Hedging their bets
- Closing the net
- Booker-winning summer
- The Co-op supertanker
- Tobacco bites Booker
- A two-fingered salute