James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features and big interviews, as well as the Critical Eye TV column, news articles and blogs. Particular areas of interest include emerging technology, and the rise of the discounters.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2013 and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014. Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
His big passions are pop culture, Chelsea Football Club, and food and drink. @jameshalliwell
- 01293 610253
Sir Terry Leahy’s appearance on Panorama was always going to be one to watch…
Brands are furious with the copycats, but it’s perfectly legal and discounter sales suggest it works
Ella’s Kitchen entrepreneur Paul Lindley on Paddy’s Bathroom, his socially and economically powerful new bathtime venture…
- Aldi and Lidl expansion plans swelled by old factory sitesSubscription
- How independent retailers can save moneySubscription
- Ranking the runners and riders for Dalton's old Morrisons jobSubscription
- Scottish food and drink companies encouraged to enter for award
- Industry holds breath as Tesco prepares for big daySubscription
- Social Animal of the Year: Lidl's Ronny G on a charm offensive
- Scoop of the Year: pizza in five-a-day surprise
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant