James is the deputy features editor at The Grocer.
- 01293 610253
Fruit & veg growers could soon have a major new weapon in their armoury to fight disease…
Lidl UK MD Ronny Gottschlich: Big interviewSubscription
In Lidl UK’s first-ever interview, MD Ronny Gottschlich talks about the discounter’s astonishing growth…
E-cigarettes: everything you ever wanted to knowSubscription
Sales of e-cigs are projected to hit £338m by 2015, but the threat of regulation hangs over this fledgling industry…
- Is Sir Philip Green serious about moving BhS into grocery? Subscription
- Tudor Monastery Farm: forensic, but boring
- Malcolm Walker gains revenge on Grimsey & coSubscription
- MasterChef: The Professionals and the madness of Gregg Wallace
- Mini Checkout app in first c-store trial
- £42bn tied up in inefficient working capital by grocery industry
- Tesco Streatham scheme creates jobs for the unemployed
Recent blog posts
Is Lidl about to double its store footprint? Not quite yet; the truth is more prosaic…
What’s all the fuss about self-service tills? Has anything so mundane ever been so divisive?
This glorious country of ours loves talent. We even have a show called Britain’s Got Talent, where obese and appallingly dressed recluses with double-take hairdos reveal they sing like angels, dogs high on choccy drops moonwalk, and kids are whipped up into a dizzy, squealing, frenzy by ‘three yes’s’ before being reduced to tears a couple of weeks later. It’s a must-see.
- Aldi rampant
- Top New Talent
- Discount milk - will it float?
- Not horsing around
- All in the name of progress
- Mums the word
- Jolly Roger