James is deputy features editor at The Grocer.
- 01293 610253
Are markets making a comeback?Subscription
Although supermarkets will forever be the dominant force in grocery retail, markets are enjoying something of a comeback…
Top New Talent 2014: Enter your nomination hereSubscription
Entries for The Grocer’s Top New Talent 2014 are now open…
Jacob Fuller, UK CEO of e-cig supplier Blu, on exploding sales, cowboy suppliers and the role of Big Tobacco…
- Lidl sales on course to smash £4bn barrier in 2014
- Albert Bartlett reveals return to frozen potato market
- How IGD aims to give teens the appetite for a future in foodSubscription
- Ronnie Bartlett: Albert Bartlett's ruler of the Rooster potatoSubscription
- Peter Andre takes Iceland back to the future
- Michael Mosley's blood pressure teaches us a valuable lesson
- Harrods to boost staff knowledge with 'Gourmet Food Academy'
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward…
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant