Morrisons' wait to discover whether it will be prosecuted over the death of a woman in Scotland is drawing to a close after police filed their report on last summer's E.coli outbreak.

Margaret Rowan, 66, from Paisley, died last August after contracting E.coli. Her death and a further eight cases of E.coli poisoning were linked to cold cooked meat bought from the deli counter at Morrisons' Falside Road store in Paisley last summer.

The report containing the results of a six-month joint investigation by Strathclyde Police, the Greater Glasgow Health Board's Outbreak Control Team and environmental health officers has now been handed to the Procurator Fiscal at Paisley, who will decide whether to start criminal proceedings, either against Morrisons, a supplier or an individual.

The Outbreak Control Team said possible causes could include contamination of meat at the store by a food handler or contamination of a product before it was delivered.