James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
How the blockchain will change fmcgSubscription
It’s one of the biggest buzzwords in food and drink. So what is blockchain technology? How does it work?
The glittering black tie event will be held on Tuesday 13 June 2017 at London’s historic Guildhall
“My first job was buying and selling fake surf brand backpacks to my mates in Sharjah”
- Does Farms spell the end for good, better, best tiering? Subscription
- Farm brand pros and cons: they may annoy origin purists, but they do deliverSubscription
- Radio 4 explores Venezuela's food struggle as crisis hitsSubscription
- Emily Wong, Emily Crisps, on Dutch courage and walrusesSubscription
- Ed Jones, Vimto, on Shaggy, ladders and skinny dippingSubscription
- Grocery's strangest lawsuits: hacking, grapes and lethal bagsSubscription
- Richard Wilkinson, Doisy & Dam, on snakes and sparkly thingsSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant