James Halliwell is features editor at The Grocer. He writes, edits and commissions features on the fmcg industry as well as big interviews with senior industry figures. He also writes the Critical Eye TV column, news stories, and blogs.
James was voted PPA Business Writer of the Year in 2015 and 2013, and BSME Print Writer of the Year in 2014.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2011 he was a website content editor for Thomson Reuters.
- 01293 610253
Does drinking Diet Coke make you fat? No, because it contains zero calories. Case closed?
Supplier of the Year 2016Subscription
To determine the shortlist for Supplier of the Year, we questioned buyers from supermarkets, wholesalers and symbol groups
Eggs are currently enjoying the best comeback since Elvis flew to Vegas
- Doug Gurr appointed UK country manager at AmazonSubscription
- The egg market may well crack more NPDSubscription
- Meaty questions abound in this weekend’s GrocerSubscription
- Food in Extreme Places: the key to a happy submarine revealedSubscription
- Nicolas Mounard pledges Farm Africa focus on farmer profits
- Trufflehunter: digging for white truffle treasuresSubscription
- Britain's 100 biggest fmcg advertisersSubscription
Recent blog posts
If I ever have a rough day at work I often cheer myself up by thinking, well, at least I’m not Philip Clarke.
In 2007, it was nearly all over for English mustard as we know it, thanks to a disastrous harvest of mustard seeds…
Top New Talent, launched by The Grocer in 2013, is once again inviting anyone in the industry (aged under 35) to put themselves forward
- Man of the people
- Pie and mash-up
- Back in the saddle
- Lidl dreams - and reality
- Grocery's got talent
- Aldi rampant