Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Greene King has extended Old Speckled Hen into the spirit beers market
Hovis is tonight unveiling a modern take on the brand’s ‘boy on a bike’ advertising
Retailers and suppliers have been given one more week to enter The Grocer’s Own Label Food & Drink Awards 2016
- How healthy is healthy? Confectionery Category Report 2015Subscription
- Mizkan Euro gives Haywards pickles new look and recipesSubscription
- Jamie Dunning promoted to head Mars Retail in USSubscription
- Sunmagic juice brand gets first NFC and cold-pressed ranges
- Irwin's bakery offers new Rankin Selection lines in GBSubscription
- BSE case identified on Welsh farm
- Samworth Brothers acquires sports nutrition brand SCI-MXSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff