Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
The launch also means Innocent is going head to head with Vita Coco, which claims 89% of the UK market and is led in the UK by Giles Brook
Innocent is axing its ailing Veg Pots and Noodle Pots from May as it focuses on its drinks…
Kopparberg has brought its Fagerhult beer brand to the UK…
- McVitie's DeliChoc: acid testSubscription
- Strengthening pound compounds pork price slumpSubscription
- Commodity prices: lower stocks push up cocoa powder price
- British cuppa is safe despite tea price shiftSubscription
- Santa Maria offers money-back guaranteeSubscription
- Marks & Spencer Apricot Marzipan Bars: acid testSubscription
- Young's Gastro Salmon & Tomato Bake: acid testSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff