Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Asda phases out integrated Disney storesSubscription
Andy Clarke this week revealed the retailer had axed the format, but said licensing would continue to be important to the business
Concerns about sugar consumption are encouraging Brits to take tap water to work or school
The supplier altered the recipe after switching to a different manufacturing site, and the waffles now contain milk and lupin
- Bart Ingredients 'vindicated' as FSA overturns recallSubscription
- Molson Coors buys Rekorderlig cider UK rights
- Ferrero creates flavour-changing Tic Tac Mixers
- Bloo Flowers gets overhaul
- Nestlé Maggi noodles given UK food safety all-clear
- Hovis kicks off 'wave of activity' with premium loaves relaunchSubscription
- Nut protein contamination recall is overturnedSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff