Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Jars made available online via Facebook app and at pop-up store
Retail roll out of 5.2% sparkling cider follows launch into on-trade this February
Supplier aims to tap growing demand for vegetarian sweets with four new products
- Wayne Hudson named Birds Eye managing director
- Santa Maria brings pulled meat trend to meal kit fixtureSubscription
- Olive oil prices will stay high, buyers warnSubscription
- Walkers taps interest in baked snacks with crackers rangeSubscription
- Genius plans to hike frozen sales with Chapel acquisitionSubscription
- Scottish craft brewer Broughton Ales acquired by industry trioSubscription
- Thorntons revamps Continental range for spring giftingSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff