Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Vegetable oil suppliers face ongoing price slumpSubscription
Suppliers and shoppers will be enjoying the drop in fuel costs but it is compounding the woes of the cooking oil industry…
PG Tips is ramping up its presence beyond the standard tea market with the launch of three new blends…
Kinnerton has partnered with Unilever to develop a new range of Magnum-branded confectionery.
- Acid Test: Asda Good & Balanced SoupSubscription
- Fowl Scratchings relaunched as Chicken CracklingSubscription
- Acid Test: Birds Eye Stir Your SensesSubscription
- Changeable weather puts pressure on summer salesSubscription
- Heinz doubles up on pasta Snap Pots offering with DuoSubscription
- Innocent enters reduced-sugar market with Light & JuicySubscription
- Tea suppliers soaking up two-year price highSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff