Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
In this specially extended web version, Adam Leyland talks to Dave Lewis about his first months in the job, and what’s next for Britain’s biggest supermarket
In little more than three months, and under conditions that were far worse than he could ever have imagined, Lewis rediscovered the pulse in the Tesco patient and surprised colleagues, rivals and the City with the speed with which he breathed new life into the business
“We want suppliers who are partners. Negotiation will always be part of this business. Aggression will not. We want to work in a way that’s sustainable for our business and for our partners. That will mean a whole new way of working.”
- Sainsbury's Mike Coupe already faces the ticking of the clockSubscription
- Does the food & drink industry need to embrace the Living Wage? Subscription
- Will supermarket bosses be brave enough to cut prices further?
- Martin Glenn appointed CEO of Football Association
- From Potty to Potts: Tesco lifer David Potts is just the job
- Allan Leighton will ensure The Co-op gives as good as it getsSubscription
- Allan Leighton: Exclusive interview with the new chairman of Co-opSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony