Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
There are four rules to rebates,” an ex-buyer once told me. “1. Get a rebate. 2. If you have one increase it…
Reasons to be cheerful this Christmas? Tell us why and you could win a case of Champagne…
The real surprise about Premier Foods’ demands for payment from suppliers is not that the company is doing it, but that it’s suddenly in the spotlight.
- This is not a food porn ad. This is food poisoning on a stick
- FSA’s shock campylobacter tactics directed at the wrong target
- Brussels set to ruin Christmas ... we're not talking sproutsSubscription
- Thegrocer.co.uk wins BSME award for digital editor of the year
- Christmas is war: what the ads tell us about the supermarkets
- New Britain Palm Oil outperforms Stock Market after knockout bidSubscription
- The ultimate lightbulb moment for grocery: Switch the Lights
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony