Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Polman must act. And fast. Subscription
That was awkward. The barbarians are at the gate. Two days later they’ve sloped home
Confirmed speakers include Andy Adcock of M&S, Aldi’s David Hills and Mike Fletcher of the Co-op
Wholesale has never been sexy. Sexist perhaps: it’s an industry full of white van men. But not sexy
- The Grocer's Power List reflects the big four's resurgence
- How will the CMA view the Booker-Tesco deal? Subscription
- Charles Wilson: star signing of Tesco-Booker transfer windowSubscription
- Sainsbury's Food Dancing ad is a brave departure - I like itSubscription
- Prêt à Manger founder Jeffrey Hyman dies at 67
- Food and drink's nobility and stoicism undermined by politics
- A major milestone in our campaign but let’s not lose momentum
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony