Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
After failing to win in the first three weeks of the annual Grocer 33 competition, Asda has made it three weeks on the bounce
The Dollar Shave Club isn’t available in the UK just yet. But it will be soon, surely
The drinks giant is expected to launch the new range of mixers in September
- What a weaker pound will mean for food prices and whySubscription
- Is food price inflation good news for the supermarkets? Subscription
- Is growth at the discounters set to slow? Don’t bet on itSubscription
- Sean Clarke faces a tricky challenge salvaging good ship AsdaSubscription
- Andy Clarke: Asda CEO's 12 defining momentsSubscription
- Why is Amazon bothering with online groceries in the UK?Subscription
- Waste Not Want Not gets off to a great start
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony