Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
As supermarkets struggle with deflation, has Brexit-inspired food price inflation given them a get out of jail card?
IGD’s new five-year forecast looks wildly optimistic in wake of Brexit EU referendum result
Andy Clarke’s downfall was his momentous decision to protect profits and margins, in the heat of a fierce price war
- Andy Clarke: Asda CEO's 12 defining momentsSubscription
- Why is Amazon bothering with online groceries in the UK?Subscription
- Waste Not Want Not gets off to a great start
- Tesco Bathgate hits a high on sunny holidaySubscription
- The Co-op's own label strategy is clever on a number of levelsSubscription
- Why The Grocer is launching its Waste Not Want Not campaign
- What the Own Label Awards 2016 tell us about the marketSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony