Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Inflation: that's the BIG DEBATE in grocerySubscription
The big debate is inflation. Not whether there will be inflation, but when, how much and where
We all knew food price inflation was on the way
Trading disputes: the price of Brexit BritainSubscription
As The Grocer revealed earlier this week, fmcg giant Unilever stopped deliveries to Tesco
- Suppliers must rise to the food waste challenge
- Sainsbury's full of surprises with third Grocer 33 winSubscription
- Tesco the Horsegate villain rides to FSA's rescue
- The more voices tackling food waste the better
- Milk is an incredible force for good but it needs a planSubscription
- That Tesco is leading the way on food waste is amazing
- As SFO charges Bush, Scouler and Rogberg, what about Clarke? Subscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony