Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Martin a good fit at rejuvenated AsdaSubscription
You would never know from this picture just how much pressure Clarke is under
Never mind JBPs. The importance of collaboration is far deeper and more powerful in meat, fish & poultry
A successful revival of Tesco Extra will be dependent on who it decides to buddy up with
- Why price guarantee schemes are not dead in grocery Subscription
- Q&A with Tesco's chief product officer Jason TarrySubscription
- Tesco 'moving on' from good, better, best tieringSubscription
- Premier stance with McCormick based on full shareholder valueSubscription
- Dunbia and 2 Sisters red meat business to merge in £1.3bn JVSubscription
- Tesco's new farm-based ranges introduce a new dynamicSubscription
- The sugar tax: cleverly crafted all roundSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony