Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
It looks like a September launch of Amazon Fresh is on the cards – with Hackney the most likely postcode for trials.
Is the loss leader a thing of the past?…
Tesco added sugar clampdown crosses the RubiconSubscription
Tesco is all set to stir up still further its award-winning soft drinks category shakeup
- Why the craft booze movement will leave a permanent legacySubscription
- Sunday Trading: who will benefit and who will suffer?Subscription
- Asda wins Free-From Grocer 33Subscription
- Aldi doesn't need steaks to win Grocer 33 price fight
- Ferrero's pursuit of its Cinderella is no Cadbury storySubscription
- Pick Your Own Offers is clever, but isn't it a bit of a faff?Subscription
- Ian Deste is new Burton's Biscuits UK & Ireland MDSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony