Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
To gain an extra 2,000 stores and an extra £1bn in buying power for the cost of a couple of Extras looks like a steal…
Sainsbury's in first pricing win in G33 yearSubscription
Sainsbury’s records its first G33 win of the year, in week 47 of 50
What is it about frozen? Here we are, with summer on our doorstep, and along comes another initiative espousing the virtues of frozen
- Tesco falls 34p short of Asda's winning G33 totalSubscription
- Political parallels are both silly and instructive
- Lidl gap in Grocer 33 is still 15% to big four
- As Sceti and Permira slope off what a relief BEIG found Nomad
- Which? move is not a Super Complaint. It's a Silly Whinge
- ABF: Kingsmill loaves lost from Tesco have already been replacedSubscription
- As Aldi overtakes Waitrose, how big can the discounter be? Subscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony