Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
An eerie silence has descended over grocery. One supplier called Tesco “leaderless” this week…
As shoppers ranted online over Sainsbury’s decision to halve the number of points on its Nectar loyalty card this week…
This year’s IGD Convention was as good as any I can remember, with a lot less grandstanding and some much-needed humility …
- Asda takes no prisoners in latest G33 victorySubscription
- Sainsbury's Brand Match 2.0 ignores the elephant in the room
- How Tesco ran out of rabbits as it struggled to stem lossesSubscription
- Morrisons more than a match for top fiveSubscription
- Irwin Lee, guest editor, on P&G and the discountersSubscription
- Stephanie Green quits Müller to take on new Aldi category role
- Tesco's Cheshunt Four have been treated appallingly by the media
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony