Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Ever since own label was invented, it’s created a tension between supermarkets and their branded suppliers
The fact is the industry still either throws away or incinerates 1.9 million tonnes of food and drink waste
Own Label Awards 2016 shows greater innovation among retailers and greater confidence among consumers…
- The Brexit opportunity to win hearts and headsSubscription
- Does CMA boss Alex Chisholm get the Big Picture? Subscription
- Bogofs bear the brunt as top 10 brands cut promos by 10.5% Subscription
- Martin a good fit at rejuvenated AsdaSubscription
- Partnerships must become top priority in meat, fish & poultrySubscription
- Tesco Extra revival will be dependent on who it partnersSubscription
- Why price guarantee schemes are not dead in grocery Subscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony