Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Sales at Tesco, Asda and Morrisons are again down and Sainsbury’s sales are flat
Why Asda's current strategy isn't cutting it Subscription
Did the media smell blood? Or was it just silly season, with under-employed hacks going along for the ride?
Jim Viggars, the 30-year Asda meat buying veteran, was fired for gross misconduct, The Grocer has learned
- Morrisons shoppers won't appreciate the milk guilt tripSubscription
- Amazon Fresh looks set for September trials in HackneySubscription
- Will Amazon Fresh work? It depends how you measure successSubscription
- Tesco added sugar clampdown crosses the RubiconSubscription
- Why the craft booze movement will leave a permanent legacySubscription
- Sunday Trading: who will benefit and who will suffer?Subscription
- Asda wins Free-From Grocer 33Subscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony