Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Lidl has developed into a charming and compelling operator – as exemplified by a lavish four-course dinner it laid on for …
Moy Park and UBUK IPOs will be hugely important in establishing if UK fmcg suppliers can make sense to Stock Market again…
United Biscuits to join Moy Park in Q4 listing as supplier IPO stampede looms…
- Alcohol abuse: no harm in providing more information
- Dave Lewis faces a huge challenge as he succeeds Philip Clarke
- Zameer Choudrey on Bestway’s plans for The Co-op PharmacySubscription
- Bestway mulls indie pharmacy wholesaleSubscription
- Tyskie is a good product and an icon of modern Britain
- The Grocer will now take advantage of the immediacy of onlineVideo
- Asda deserves credit for listening to store staff feedback
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony