Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Potts was a talent Tesco could ill afford to lose. Particularly in the UK…
How refreshing it is to have Allan Leighton back in the grocery fold
Our editor Adam Leyland gets an exclusive interview with Allan Leighton covering the chairman’s thoughts on the business, Ursula Lidbetter and his role
- Leighton, working pro bono, returns to his roots as chairman of Co-op
- Misty veg will be missed - but not by core Morrisons shoppersSubscription
- Is Tacon flexing her new-found muscles, or taking a free hit?Subscription
- Building a new Co-operative MovementSubscription
- Tesco's major reset will have a huge impact on the market
- Tacon with Teeth: will fines give Adjudicator power at last?Subscription
- Sir Terry Leahy: why I saved Tesco’s final salary defined benefit pension schemeSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony