Adam Leyland has been editor of The Grocer since 2006.
An authority on issues as diverse as food pricing, binge drinking, a host of consumer trends and new product development, as well as the power and reach of supermarkets, Adam is a very well-known figure in the industry, and makes regular appearances on the BBC, ITV, Sky News, Channel 4 and other media, as well as chairing conferences and hosting awards.
He was named Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors in 2009, and has picked up a string of other awards over a 20-year career editing weekly business magazines such as PrintWeek, Press Gazette and the US edition of PRWeek. He was also editor of Real Business, a magazine for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
A lifelong 'foodie' and 'winophile', Adam is a passionate campaigner on behalf of healthy, natural food, and promoting the merits of a balanced diet and common sense in the ongoing debate about obesity.
- 01293 610263
Rob Collins, Waitrose MD: The Big InterviewSubscription
Rob Collins has kept a low profile since taking over as Waitrose MD, but he has exciting plans to grow like-for-like sales
Christmas 2016: a last hurrah for consumers? Subscription
Henceforth the government should arrange for Christmas Day to fall on a Sunday – every year
If 2016 has taught us anything, it should be caution
- Discounters setting agenda whatever the big four's progressSubscription
- Supermarket price wars slash sales by £800m
- Self-service is great but you have to get the balance rightSubscription
- Will Christmas dinner be cheaper or more expensive this year?Subscription
- Safeway move another intriguing strategic play by MorrisonsSubscription
- The Grocer's Top New Talent celebrates fmcg's rising starsSubscription
- The fundamental taste profiles behind great brands are at riskSubscription
Recent blog posts
The Grocer has today launched a brand new website , featuring an impressive array of new features, new content, new channels and new functionality.
Today was a very good day for Sainsbury’s Justin King. As well as announcing a great set of results, he was delighted to have his name linked to | his hero, Sir Alex ...
Last week we welcomed Sainsbury’s group commercial director Mike Coupe as The Grocer’s latest guest editor.
- The fall guy
- Ocado clears the fridge when it should be basting the turkey
- Irene's delicious irony