Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
A third of Brits have confessed to drinking at home alone, and almost one in six to polishing off a whole bottle of wine t…
Hovis Limited chief executive Bob Spooner has resigned.
R&R Ice Cream has expanded its licensed Cadbury range with two new handheld products…
- Produce World launches Nature's Premium organic veg boxesSubscription
- Diageo launches major campaign to boost Baileys brand
- Florette's introduces baby kale to the UK single leaf sector
- Arla-style dairy marketing push would face funds issueSubscription
- Twinings unveils 'biggest innovation programme ever' in teaSubscription
- ECJ rules on desinewed pig and poultrymeat classification
- Sainsbury's Corn Thins: acid testSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff