Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Cadbury marks 100th anniversary of Milk Tray with a nationwide search for a new Milk Tray Man…
Carlsberg UK chief to leave the business just weeks after Tesco delisted bulk of the brand’s lines
Prices could be right for British bakersSubscription
For the nation’s bread bakers, there is good news on two pricing fronts – commodity and retail
- Record UK yields to keep wheat prices low Subscription
- Martyn Wilks on making Hovis relevant for modern shoppersSubscription
- Old Speckled Hen moves into speers for Halloween
- Hovis 'boy on a bike' ad gets 21st century makeover
- The Grocer Own Label Food & Drink Awards deadline extendedSubscription
- How healthy is healthy? Confectionery Category Report 2015Subscription
- Mizkan Euro gives Haywards pickles new look and recipesSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff