Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar.
- 01293 610369
Water brand Evian has teamed up with Mr Men owner Sanrio to create new character Mr Glug.
Asda has committed to offer a basket of eight core gluten-free food items in every store – making it the first supermarket to sign up to charity Coeliac UK’s Gluten-free Guarantee campaign.
Charbrew Tea is aiming to raise £150,000 through a crowdfunding campaign as it looks to expand into the US.
- Hovis sales back on uphill trend after split from PremierSubscription
- Unilever to boost winter ice cream sales with NPD pushSubscription
- Indian street food range from Neil Court-Johnston hits BoothsSubscription
- Dropped Lurpak Slow Churned 'may return as limited edition'Subscription
- Olive crop concerns set to hike oil pricesSubscription
- Slush Puppie and Candy Crush Saga to hit confectionery aislesSubscription
- Falling stockpiles lead to higher prices for aluminiumSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff