Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Ostrich Fillet Steaks: acid testSubscription
Exotic meats are growing in appeal as Brits get more adventurous…
Lily's Kitchen to sponsor dogcastSubscription
The pet food brand announced a tie-up with the Houndsounds podcast for dog owners
The supplier has reformulated the no added sugar drinks to improve the fruit flavours while reducing the sweetness
- Burton's Maryland on trend with peanut cookiesSubscription
- Carlsberg's latest stunt gives holidaymakers a pick-me-up
- Foster's asks 'Why The Hell Not?' in new ad campaign
- Press'd liquid concentrate offers coffee convenience formatSubscription
- Oreo biscuits get first flavour variants in UKSubscription
- Cole's offers Christmas pud stollenSubscription
- Reports of bogof's demise prove greatly exaggeratedSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff