Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
In light of recent nut contamination alerts, food businesses must be aware of the risks and complexities of the spice supply chain
Glenn is to be succeeded from 3 April by Jeff van der Eems, currently CEO of UB’s international business
With the move to bring together the design of four Coke varieties, has one of the world’s most famous brands taken a misstep?
- Gnosh rolls out first frozen desserts lines into WaitroseSubscription
- Marketing shake-up brings all Coca-Cola variants under single brand
- Lavazza develops biodegradable espresso coffee pods
- Müller hires P&G VP Bergen Merey as managing director
- Allied Bakeries boss Mark Fairweather to step down
- Reputation doesn't match sales in Superbrands survey
- Elvis and Marilyn pucker up for Coke Contour bottle ads
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff