Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
As Rocky he was the heavyweight champion of the world, but has Sylvester Stallone got what it takes to sell bread?
Toy industry records best growth since 2010Subscription
Black Friday sales exceeded Christmas sales, and the World Cup lines were a particular success
The new campaign encourages consumers to embrace their impulsive side
- Asda Toffee Apple Bakes: acid test
- Mark Stanworth steps in as interim CFO at HovisSubscription
- Honey Monster grows up for return to TV adsSubscription
- Asda delists seven Hovis lines including 800g white & wholemealSubscription
- Sacla' returns to TV as part of new £4m brand pushSubscription
- Bread: branded loaf falls to 78p - but average price creeps upSubscription
- The yolk's on Mondelez after global Creme Egg backlashSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff