Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Edinburgh-based Nairn’s Oatcakes has launched the first in a range of products targeted at the one-the-go market
Häagen-Dazs and Green Giant owner General Mills is bringing $500m (£330m) US ‘megabrand’ Fibre One to the UK
Own-label supplier Haydens Bakery has rebranded following a strategic review
- Grub wins Whole Foods Market listing for edible roasted insectsSubscription
- Morrisons and Rosemount launch crowdsourced wineSubscription
- Marmite launches festive 'naughty' and 'nice' jars
- Westons launches canned craft cider Caple Rd into off-trade
- Confectionery supplier Bonds launches new vegetarian sweetsSubscription
- Wayne Hudson named Birds Eye managing director
- Santa Maria brings pulled meat trend to meal kit fixtureSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff