Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar.
- 01293 610369
Pig and poultrymeat recovered using low pressure must be classified as mechanically separated meat…
Sainsbury's Corn Thins: acid testSubscription
This summer launch from Sainsbury’s is tapping a raft of consumer trends…
Disney is bringing the offspring of its iconic villains to TV next year…
- Hovis Fruity Nibbles: acid testSubscription
- Asda recalls Prosecco over shattering bottles
- British farm production 'under threat' from EU pesticide bans
- Walkers Crisps reveals winner of Do Us A Flavour campaign
- Taste Inc targets young crowd with £1 hot dogs and burgersSubscription
- Paddington Bear and Shaun the Sheep get food licensing deals
- Adam Rodgers promoted to lead Reckitt Benckiser Nordic business
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff