Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Fledgling popcorn brand Propercorn has poached Innocent’s UK commercial director Ben Greensmith…
The grocers’ share of physical video games sales fell 10.9% compared with the same period a year ago, while online grew 6.6% and high street 4.4%
Rolling out from 1 May, the product will replace the brand’s existing Reduced Sugar & Salt (RSS) Beanz, which have 30% less sugar
- Warburtons and New York Bakery Co launch thin bagels
- Brands growing faster than own-label for first time since 2011Subscription
- New Frontiers in Food and Drink conference announcedSubscription
- Iceland Slimming World Curry: acid testSubscription
- Sunbites Crackers & Dip: acid testSubscription
- Focus on Own labelSubscription
- Own-label prices falling twice as fast as brandsSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff