Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
World Cup helped kick lager sales back into growth Subscription
Lager has returned to volume growth in the supermarkets after three years of decline…
Sales of Christmas favourites including Champagne, Brussels sprouts and party food are far lower now…
New data has revealed the biggest source of customers for Coca-Cola Life have been Pepsi Max drinkers…
- Grocery staples battered in savage supermarket warsSubscription
- Waitrose Love Life Beef Feijoada Soup: acid testSubscription
- Wall's Gingerbread Sandwich: acid testSubscription
- My darling clementine - sales of easy-peelers boomSubscription
- Confectionery: sweets dodge bullets in the war on sugarSubscription
- Carbonates: Pepsi wins battle of low-sugar drinks as Coca-Cola bottles itSubscription
- Confectionery: Kinder Magic trumps even CDM's strong growth in confectionery as chocolate sales divideSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff