Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Tesco and Sainsbury’s have recalled own-label bran flakes over fears they may contain pieces of plastic.
Manflu moves into food market with chicken soupSubscription
Winter remedies brand Manflu has launched its first food product – a chicken soup boasting 13 vitamins and minerals.
Unilever-owned Ben & Jerry’s is looking to flag up its commitment to the environment with new ice cream variant Save Our Swirled.
- Premier rolling out new look and lines for Mr Kipling brandSubscription
- Hot Diggidy Dog sauce faces heat of Dragons' DenSubscription
- Crisps out, fruit in: how kids' lunches are getting healthierSubscription
- Packaging pulp inventory prices up slightlySubscription
- Supermarkets send help to Shoreham disaster siteSubscription
- Ex-Tesco boss Clarke to be interviewed under caution by SFO
- Off-trade beer Q2 sales fall after strong 2014
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff