Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
Gary Mills made Morrisons group retail directorSubscription
Morrisons has appointed former Tesco Northern Ireland boss Gary Mills as group retail director
Asda beats its G33 pricing rivals by a distanceSubscription
Asda racked up its third pricing win in a row this week with a particularly decisive victory…
The Competition & Markets Authority confirmed it had no objections to the so-called “grocery shrink ray”
- It's promo business as usual as Which? is shown the doorSubscription
- Price engineering: finally, a sensible approach from the CMASubscription
- Howard Wong, Tsuki Mochi, on mochi moments and Indiana JonesSubscription
- Asda deal on Pimm's makes it no1 in Grocer 33Subscription
- CMA finds no evidence of misleading supermarket pricing being widespread
- Sunday Trading and living wage moves enrage indiesSubscription
- Osborne no longer in the mood to compromise over Sunday tradingSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke