Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
For players operating in a category that goes against key food trends such as health, weight loss and carb reduction…
The e-cigarette category is not only one of the most controversial and talked-about categories in grocery right now…
With the spectre of plain packaging looming ever larger and the final piece of the display ban puzzle…
- Tesco's rivals say they won't cut corners on staff levelsSubscription
- Traditional retailers 'lagging behind' in e-cigarette marketSubscription
- Tesco to assess impact of falling commodity prices on suppliersSubscription
- Morrisons staff unhappy about availability champions schemeSubscription
- P&H optimistic about Buyco future as it gets on top of supplySubscription
- Tesco turns up promotional heat as rivals bide their timeSubscription
- Fresh Direct merger with Brakes means no holding growth backSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke