Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
”As part of our Make Us Proud initiative we have given a lot of training to our whole team of e-commerce colleagues”
I worked in a newsagent at 14. The owner trusted me to open up shop alone, which presented my first employment challenge
Price-matching is well past its sell-by dateSubscription
Does Morrisons’ plan to cull the Match element of Match & More spell the end of price-matching?
- Morrisons delivers sharper price as it drops price-matchingSubscription
- Conviviality seals £200m deal for Matthew ClarkSubscription
- Does Morrisons’ move show price-matching schemes are past their sell-by date?Subscription
- Morrisons abandons price-matching as Match & More goes mainstream
- Morrisons staff welcome increased minimum paySubscription
- Asda back on top with narrow Grocer 33 win over MorrisonsSubscription
- Steve Plumridge, Sainsbury's Ipswich: Grocer 33 store of the weekSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke