Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
The UK’s electronic cigarette industry has moved to allay fears that the nascent market for e-cigs will be stymied within …
E-cigs: so near to the tipping point, has the EU’s 11th hour change to tobacco directive scuppered all the good work?…
The big news story in grocery this week was Tesco’s new turnaround strategy…
- Tobacco campaigners question plain packs as EUTPD is approved
- Coles' Ian McLeod tipped for return to UK retail
- Sir Cyril Chantler to review plain packs in Australia
- George Dymond - who quit Morrisons - to take role at Tesco
- Morrisons Ty Glas, CardiffSubscription
- Tobacco market report 2014
- Tobacco market report: Finally out of puff?Subscription
Recent blog posts
The unthinkable has happened – the government has announced not one but two new policies around smoking that everyone in the industry and anti-smoking groups are all in favour of…
Today marks a big day in the history of Morrisons as the supermarket chain makes its long-awaited debut in selling groceries online.
It is rare that anyone will feel sympathy for tobacco manufacturers but this week, with the announcement of a new review into plain packaging, you have to say they have fallen victim to the worst kind of politicking.
- Morrisons finds reasons to be cheerful
- Salad daze
- All's fair in love and 'phoney war'
- Putting the pen to the sword
- Off their trolleys?
- A good day for lawyers
- Plain packs - back on the shelf?