Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
Retail management is no different from football management - after a tough time, the team wants a different personality
Morrisons will begin its rollout of sales-based ordering on a category by category basis in the next few months…
Waitrose blames below-cost booze pledges and GSCOP rules for failure to match more than a third of Tesco’s new prices…
- Dave Lewis, not John Allan, is still the important figure in Tesco turnaroundSubscription
- Fears of e-cigarette stagnation are just a case of the vapoursSubscription
- Morrisons slashes prices of staple goods by up to 56%
- JBPs 'read like prenups' says Meijer: 30% will be annulledSubscription
- Waitrose defends 37.4% cheaper products in 'half price' eventSubscription
- E-cigarettes category report 2015
- Focus on e-cigarettesSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke