Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
Morrisons insists it was comfortable with the cost and claims that customers simply didn’t understand the concept
Shoppers at Morrisons will now receive points for every pound spent in store or online
Morrisons staff welcome increased minimum paySubscription
Morrisons staff have broadly welcomed the 20% increase in its minimum hourly pay rate to £8.20
- Asda back on top with narrow Grocer 33 win over MorrisonsSubscription
- Steve Plumridge, Sainsbury's Ipswich: Grocer 33 store of the weekSubscription
- C-stores to charge 5p for plastic bags despite exemptionSubscription
- Chris Heyn, Gü Puds, on Linford Christie and Ferris BuellerSubscription
- The Co-operative Group pay rise criticised by store managersSubscription
- Sainsbury's cheapest in our Green Grocer 33 shopSubscription
- Lisa Sohanpal, Mini nom nom's, on education & Richard BransonSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke