Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
Yesterday a who’s who of retail veterans was paraded in the press as potential replacements for Sir Ian Gibson as the next Morrisons chairman.
Morrisons has surprised the City by appointing former Tesco finance boss Andrew Higginson company chairman when Sir Ian Gibson retires in 2015.
Clarke “had to go” because his store refit programme under-delivered and he failed to make Tesco competitive on price…
- JTI extends Amber Leaf range with organic Signature Blend
- Morrisons averts strike at Northwich distribution centre Subscription
- Morrisons dump bins return as 'pick-up' binsSubscription
- Store of the week: Morrisons Cheadle HeathSubscription
- More carrier bags given away by supermarkets for fourth year in a row
- Asda defends in-store manager restructure redundancy packages
- Morrisons Market Street 'not threatened by pre-pack meat'Subscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke