Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
The retailer announced this week it had relaunched its staff bonus scheme with the aim of rewarding colleagues for better customer service
Tesco has its work cut out on G33 pricing frontSubscription
On the face of it, more work is needed, with Tesco the fourth-most expensive retailer for our Grocer 33 shop this week
However Tesco said its trading profits were in line with expectations at £1.4bn, while UK like-for-like sales volumes rose for first time in over four years
- Which? thing to get angry about? We just don't knowSubscription
- Which? issues 'super-complaint' over supermarket pricing
- Sainsbury's replacing grocery with non-food and concessions to make better use of space
- Asda back to business as usual with G33 pricing dominanceSubscription
- Morrisons to cut 720 head office jobs as it boosts shop floor numbers
- Sainsbury's developing new in-store shopping app
- Three senior directors axed at Nisa as new boss Nick Read rings the changes
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke