Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
The supermarket price war and the slump in commodity prices have resulted in sales falling for the first time since 2001
New figures compiled for The Grocer suggest consumers are being won over by c-store efforts in fresh and chilled
The new Top Rated campaign highlights products that have been given its top 5-star rating
- Sainsbury's takes a rare Grocer 33 pricing winSubscription
- Time for Rob Collins to take a few tips from David Potts on core strengthsSubscription
- Asda price cuts can't beat Tesco in Grocer 33 pricing battleSubscription
- Morrisons Dundee: Grocer 33 store of the weekSubscription
- Morrisons to add hundreds of Amazon lockers to storesSubscription
- Mutual Shopkeepers happy as Christopher Baker quits NisaSubscription
- Aldi promotes its CSR credentials in a new consumer campaignVideoSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke