Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
The success of Iqos in markets such as Japan and Italy has boosted PMI’s share price
This month is the 20th anniversary of the store opening, and we are planning a big party
The Walmart-owned retailer’s £64.70 total was £7.43 cheaper than Morrisons
- Iceland begins second phase of £5m Deeside HQ investmentSubscription
- Wincanton seals deal to manage Coca-Cola's Lisburn warehouse
- New push against illicit tobacco launched by NFRN and ImperialSubscription
- 'Remarkable' Christmas as major retailers all report successSubscription
- Asda beats Morrisons to G33 pricing win by just 17pSubscription
- Lidl UK reports 10% sales boost over Christmas periodSubscription
- The big boys are starting to get even. And David Potts makes it look easySubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke