Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
The big news story in grocery this week was Tesco’s new turnaround strategy…
Campaigners questioned the need for plain tobacco packaging this week…
Coles MD Ian McLeod moved to a senior role within the Wesfarmers Group this week…
- Sir Cyril Chantler to review plain packs in Australia
- George Dymond - who quit Morrisons - to take role at Tesco
- Morrisons Ty Glas, CardiffSubscription
- Tobacco market report 2014
- Tobacco market report: Finally out of puff?Subscription
- Morrisons past 100 mark in c-stores with nine new M Locals
- Indie fury as Coke 1.75l bottle format goes into supermarkets
Recent blog posts
The unthinkable has happened – the government has announced not one but two new policies around smoking that everyone in the industry and anti-smoking groups are all in favour of…
Today marks a big day in the history of Morrisons as the supermarket chain makes its long-awaited debut in selling groceries online.
It is rare that anyone will feel sympathy for tobacco manufacturers but this week, with the announcement of a new review into plain packaging, you have to say they have fallen victim to the worst kind of politicking.
- Morrisons finds reasons to be cheerful
- Salad daze
- All's fair in love and 'phoney war'
- Putting the pen to the sword
- Off their trolleys?
- A good day for lawyers
- Plain packs - back on the shelf?