Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
We thought Mars telling consumers to eat less Dolmio sauce was a bold strategy but that‘s nothing on André Calantzopoulos
New Iqos system produces 90% less toxins as tobacco is heated rather than burned, claims PMI
Asda maintains Grocer 33 pricing winning streakSubscription
The Walmart-owned retailer’s total of £57.70 was £3.81 cheaper than nearest rival Tesco
- Aldi buying boss Tony Baines to retire next yearSubscription
- Nisa Retail adds two independent non-exec directorsSubscription
- Co-op urges rivals to develop more recyclable packagingSubscription
- Morrisons resurrects Safeway brand as it deepens wholesale links
- Neil Reynolds to head Johnson & Johnson commercial divisionSubscription
- Asda makes it seven Grocer 33 pricing wins in a rowSubscription
- Food-to-go market set to grow by over a third by 2021Subscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke