Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
The most unpredictable and even period of competition in the history of the Grocer 33 continues
The discounter said it was committed to reducing unnecessary plastic waste
The supermarket price war and the slump in commodity prices have resulted in sales falling for the first time since 2001
- C-stores take growing role as destination for chilled and freshSubscription
- Waitrose adds Top Rated customer reviews to productsSubscription
- Sainsbury's takes a rare Grocer 33 pricing winSubscription
- Time for Rob Collins to take a few tips from David Potts on core strengthsSubscription
- Asda price cuts can't beat Tesco in Grocer 33 pricing battleSubscription
- Morrisons Dundee: Grocer 33 store of the weekSubscription
- Morrisons to add hundreds of Amazon lockers to storesSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke