Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
Although potatoes have risen in price over the past month, they are significantly cheaper than they were a year ago…
Gazeley has snapped up an 18.5 acre logistics site in the West Midlands from the Ford Motor Company…
The planning policy aimed at putting town centres first, introduced last year, has been branded a failure.
- Is this what the future of the UK tobacco trade looks like? Subscription
- Morrisons staff complain about new ordering pads
- Will Morrisons online deliver?Subscription
- Plain packs review prompts accusations of 'political games'
- Plain cigarette packs back on the agenda in new review
- Morrisons offers free dry cleaning for Santas
- Asda targets Morrisons in new price comparison ad
Recent blog posts
It is rare that anyone will feel sympathy for tobacco manufacturers but this week, with the announcement of a new review into plain packaging, you have to say they have fallen victim to the worst kind of politicking.
As Morrisons unveils its Christmas TV advert, the retailer was finding reasons to be positive about its latest results…
This morning Tesco revealed the true extent of the food waste it generated in the last six months, and, while the issue is one that has seemingly rumbled on for years, the numbers were enough to shock even this old hack.
- All's fair in love and 'phoney war'
- Putting the pen to the sword
- Off their trolleys?
- A good day for lawyers
- Plain packs - back on the shelf?
- Ella's big decision
- Does anyone know the way to Blockbuster?