Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
Marlboro to launch Gold in roll your ownSubscription
Philip Morris is extending its iconic Marlboro Gold cigarette brand into the fast-growing roll-your-own market.
Strict new proposals on the regulation of e-cigs would have a “very negative impact on the future health of smokers”.
The charity ice bucket challenge has resulted in soaring sales of ice across the country.
- Smiths News rolls out 'time-saving' ordering app SNapp
- Costcutter promises to fix supply problems in 'six weeks'Subscription
- Morrisons confirms plan to extend store opening hours
- Lidl 15% cheaper in Grocer 33 and service also impresses
- E-cigarette ad banned for ‘Love your lungs’ strapline
- It's hard not to be cynical about voluntary auditing
- Planning system blasted as 'rudderless' by ACS
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke