Ronan is news editor of The Grocer and also covers Morrisons and the tobacco trade.
- 01293 610406
Sales at variety discount stores such as Poundland, B&M and Home Bargains have soared by 17% to £4.9bn in the past year.
Our mystery shopper was initially perturbed by bird droppings on the glass roof of Morrisons Seaburn store
It really helps that we have a lot of long-serving colleagues, which creates a great atmosphere
- Morrisons makes it two Grocer 33 pricing wins in a rowSubscription
- Morrisons sales-based ordering trials sees stock levels soarSubscription
- Waitrose Willerby impresses across the boardSubscription
- Morrisons wins G33 price fight as cuts take effectSubscription
- Morrisons sells 10% stake in Fresh Direct back to US grocer for £45mSubscription
- EasyFood looks to extend Park Royal storeSubscription
- Aldi is £8 cheaper than Asda in Grocer 33 pricing battleSubscription
Recent blog posts
Much has been made of incoming Tesco CEO Dave Lewis’ lack of retail knowledge – but you don’t spend 27 years at Unilever without picking up a thing or two about retail.
Pernod is having to change its label so that people realise it is alcoholic.
Morrisons is not alone in making in-store redundancies - and its plans have been a long time in the making.
- Morrisons, cheaper
- Chantler review takes us back to the start
- Vaping not aping
- Morrisons wakes up to the discounters
- E-cigs: Agreement breaks out
- Morrisons' date with destiny
- Up in smoke