Ian covers Tesco and Asda among the major retailers, as well as suppliers including Unilever, P&G and Coca Cola. He's also our go-to guy for all issues related to health.
- 01293 610265
Tesco’s new chief financial officer Alan Stewart has been parachuted in more than a month ahead of schedule in the wake of yesterday’s shock announcement of a £250m overstatement of profits.
The position of Tesco chairman Sir Richard Broadbent is coming under fierce scrutiny after the latest events to hit the retailer rocked the City.
Tesco shocked the City today by announcing it had discovered it had overstated its profits by £250m. Here’s our round-up of how leading City and industry analysts reacted to the news.
- Robin Terrell to lead Tesco UK as investigation into £250m profit hole kicks off
- Tesco's Lewis tells managers 'put more staff on shop floor'
- Penny Mordaunt calls for 'fundamental' business rates reform
- Tesco health 'hackathon' won by app that beats pester powerSubscription
- Tesco backs Responsibility Deal's 2017 salt reduction pledges
- Birmingham to diversify retail offer with city centre overhaul
- AB Sugar launches counter-offensive in war on sugar
Recent blog posts
There could be no doubt about Philip Clarke’s passion for Tesco and his commitment to turning its fortunes around.
It was good to see MPs in their droves yesterday backing the BRC’s call for a fundamental overhaul of business rates…
Traffic-light labelling appears to have fizzled out. Will we ever achieve a universal system?
- Rates reform dashed
- Sugar - a taxing issue
- Tesco's war on many fronts
- Responsibility Deal needs a big picture
- Mixed messages on sugar
- Digital in vogue
- A changing mindset