Ian covers Tesco and Asda among the major retailers, as well as suppliers including Unilever, P&G and Coca Cola. He's also our go-to guy for all issues related to health.
- 01293 610265
The Treasury has paused for breath before it reveals the full extent of the sugar tax
Dairy drinks are excluded from the tax, but the government will talk to dairy companies about reducing sugar
It has emerged the Treasury has put back a decision on the rates to be paid under the levy until at least next Spring’s Budget
- Soft drinks sugar levy 'divides industry', survey showsSubscription
- Asda and Morrisons quartet team up to provide GSCOP adviceSubscription
- Rising fuel and transport costs have hit consumers reports AsdaSubscription
- Tesco employs 15,000 extra shop floor workers for Christmas Subscription
- Jamie Oliver sugar tax impact studied for levy support evidence
- Tesco launches further expansion of PayQwiq digital wallet
- Government rejects mandatory fortification of bread flourSubscription
Recent blog posts
There could be no doubt about Philip Clarke’s passion for Tesco and his commitment to turning its fortunes around.
It was good to see MPs in their droves yesterday backing the BRC’s call for a fundamental overhaul of business rates
Traffic-light labelling appears to have fizzled out. Will we ever achieve a universal system?
- Rates reform dashed
- Sugar - a taxing issue
- Tesco's war on many fronts
- Responsibility Deal needs a big picture
- Mixed messages on sugar
- Digital in vogue
- A changing mindset