Ian covers Tesco and Asda among the major retailers, as well as suppliers including Unilever, P&G and Coca Cola. He's also our go-to guy for all issues related to health.
- 01293 610265
Researchers brought in by the government to study the effectiveness of its Responsibility Deal with the food and drink industry have found there…
There has been a massive surge in local authorities seeking voluntary bans on high-strength alcoholic drinks…
The government defended its handling of the high street crisis this week…
- Defra fails to secure soft drink gas emissions data
- Are Courtauld 3 targets to reduce waste too conservative? Subscription
- Independent stores 'should team up on click & collect offers'
- Tesco poised to launch Clubcard points bonanza
- Tesco kicks off exclusive content on Clubcard TV
- Is Asda's community big box space scheme sound?Subscription
- Soft drinks category shake-up in the works at Tesco and Asda
Recent blog posts
The Mary Portas road show continues: this week the Queen of the High Street’s Channel 4 show touched down in Margate, featuring yet more cockneys, market traders and claims of TV trickery.
Can high-street tsar Mary Portas see eye-to-eye with Tesco on the future of the British high street?
Tesco has waved goodbye to £1.2bn after finally confirming it is to pull out of the US - but this could pale into insignificance compared to its other plans.
- Chill winds
- Jaded Greens
- Tesco on TV
- A step in the right direction
- Let’s rethink drink
- Never mind horsemeat, we need to talk about GM
- Another year