Ian covers Tesco and Asda among the major retailers, as well as suppliers including Unilever, P&G and Coca Cola. He's also our go-to guy for all issues related to health.
- 01293 610265
The struggling Walmart giant has launched category-by-category negotiations with suppliers
David Cameron’s childhood obesity strategy will include plans for a sugar tax
Forget Andy Murray. Asda could do with hiring Novak Djokovic such is the extent of its woes
- Teenagers missing out on micronutrients because of war on sugarSubscription
- Sunday trading poll reveals fears for small storesSubscription
- Mark Price appointed trade and business minister
- Tesco completes buyout of Harris + Hoole coffee chainSubscription
- Retailers attack 'desperate' Sunday trading plansSubscription
- Will Jamie turning ‘ninja’ scare the government into a sugar tax u-turn?Subscription
- Asda Carlisle: Grocer 33 store of the weekSubscription
Recent blog posts
There could be no doubt about Philip Clarke’s passion for Tesco and his commitment to turning its fortunes around.
It was good to see MPs in their droves yesterday backing the BRC’s call for a fundamental overhaul of business rates
Traffic-light labelling appears to have fizzled out. Will we ever achieve a universal system?
- Rates reform dashed
- Sugar - a taxing issue
- Tesco's war on many fronts
- Responsibility Deal needs a big picture
- Mixed messages on sugar
- Digital in vogue
- A changing mindset