Ian covers Tesco and Asda among the major retailers, as well as suppliers including Unilever, P&G and Coca Cola. He's also our go-to guy for all issues related to health.
- 01293 610265
Service is always the key focus. Creating that culture in store where staff are willing to say hello to customers…
Tesco is to open more than 100 Giraffe, Decks and Harris+Hooles as part of plans to accelerate its UK store turnaround programme.
Tesco today promised to accelerate the price war against its supermarket rivals and the discounters, as group profits fell 6%.
- Tesco returns to the US with F&F fashion chain
- Dunnhumby buys personalised ad company Sociomantic Labs
- Young People's Panel to help Tesco support younger employees
- Sugar war professor Robert Lustig plans UK lecture tour
- Forget bogofs! Food waste is a scandal of poverty and hunger
- Is House of Lords wasting its energy in berating bogofs? Subscription
- Tesco plots food-to-go stores in London
Recent blog posts
Tesco is torn between a price war and a store refresh programme. Can it possibly succeed at both?
After all the excitement of the Budget last week, it was time for the alcohol industry to get back in the dock.
Yesterday’s long overdue report by MPs highlights once more the government’s farcical handling of its high street rescue mission.
- Not quite a price war
- Blue sky thinking
- CASH’s smartphone app could be on the money
- Stitch up? Not so much
- A juicy story
- Drinks lobby bashed
- Tesco in the slow lane