Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar.
- 01293 610369
This week Irwin Lee, head of Procter & Gamble UK & Ireland, will be the latest industry heavyweight to step in as guest editor of The Grocer.
ABInBev UK and Ireland President Inge Plochaet is to leave the business at the end of the year.
Haggis producer Macsween is to launch three new special-edition products next month…
- Finsbury Food set to drive growth through acquisitions
- Tasty Little Numbers founder creates 'one-stop shop'Subscription
- Burton's single-serve biscuit packs target busy snackersSubscription
- Amy's Kitchen gluten-free breakfast sandwich hits TescoSubscription
- UK exports fall as foreign markets snub Scotch
- Homepride to get TV push as Premier looks beyond power brandsSubscription
- Volvic's new ad features 'unstoppable' armies and dinosaurs
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff