Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar.
- 01293 610369
The frozen burger category faced some tough PR challenges in the wake of Horsegate
Seabrook Lattice Hand Cooked Crisps: acid testSubscription
Seabrook made its first foray into premium territory this year with lattice-cut crisps in sharing bags
Britain’s Mexican food market has been hotting up of late, with Discovery Foods relaunching in April…
- Waitrose Pepper & Chorizo Tartlets: acid testSubscription
- 'Win a Banger' promotion for Cadbury chocolate bars
- Uncle Ben's and Tilda launch wholegrain rice pouches
- What the Russian export ban means for UK food and drinkSubscription
- PepsiCo enters coconut water category in UKSubscription
- Babyfood supplier Plum Baby closing UK business
- CDM Marvellous Creations Banana Caramel Crisp: acid testSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff