Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Cadbury and Heinz fall in the widely-read survey, but their sales figures tell a different story
Coca-Cola is marking the 100th anniversary of its Contour bottle with a marketing push
Britvic has unveiled its latest NPD targeted at the adult soft drinks market…
- The Grocer New Product Awards entry deadline extended
- Spice supply chain controls to be strengthenedSubscription
- Haribo refreshes Maoam fruit chew packsSubscription
- Fox's Glacier Mints owner Big Bear plans NPD for new generationSubscription
- Branston Caramelised Onion Chutney: acid testSubscription
- Magnum gunning for desserts market with four-stick multipacks
- Smoothies: 'Healthier' NPD helps revive performanceSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff