Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Marmalade sales have soared following the release of the Paddington Bear movie, according to Robertson’s brand owner Hain Daniels.
Christmas is coming to Britain’s supermarkets – but is still taking its time getting here…
Tesco shredded salt beef: acid testSubscription
US-style meat products such as shredded beef and pulled pork are all the rage right now…
- Big four slash booze brand prices lower than last XmasSubscription
- Philadelphia Duo Cremoso: acid testSubscription
- Scooby-Doo makes mark in confectionery and pet treats & toys Subscription
- Poco Loco launches Angry Birds bagged snacks
- Black Friday puts supermarket sales back in the blackSubscription
- McVitie's baby animals show the way on Christmas TV ads
- Suppliers voice support for Premier Foods investment payments scheme
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff