Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Hemsworth has worked for Coke for 15 years, most recently as European vice president for operational marketing
Supermarket sales were boosted by soaring temperatures earlier this month – but fell off when cooler weather returned.
Heinz is expanding Amoy into the cooking sauce market with three recipes under the new Taste of Asia banner…
- Vegetable oil suppliers face ongoing price slumpSubscription
- PG Tips unveils 'affordable' speciality tea blendsSubscription
- Unilever and Kinnerton unveil Magnum chocolate rangeSubscription
- Acid Test: Asda Good & Balanced SoupSubscription
- Fowl Scratchings relaunched as Chicken CracklingSubscription
- Acid Test: Birds Eye Stir Your SensesSubscription
- Changeable weather puts pressure on summer salesSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff