Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
A snapshot of UK food safety is offered by the latest report on data collected during the BRC Global Food Safety Standard audits
PG Tips gets biggest revamp in 19 yearsSubscription
Unilever said the revamp, which is rolling out now, was intended to make the brand easier to shop instore
'Local food bought by just 30% of shoppers'Subscription
The survey found veg (51%) and meat (40%) were the local products survey respondents said they would be most likely to buy
- International Wine Challenge winners: Own-label dominates value categorySubscription
- Ex-Dairy Crest boss Martyn Wilks named CEO of HovisSubscription
- Snickers gets hazelnut line as Mars looks to halt sales dropSubscription
- Potato ready meal recall sparks supply chain questionsSubscription
- UB extends offer with Oaty Breaks and Fruit & Oat Bakes
- Calbee UK to launch pea-based bagged snacksSubscription
- Jacob's launches Cracker Crisps to meet savoury snacks boomSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff