Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Procter & Gamble is currently determining which elements of its UK operation will transfer to new Duracell owner Berkshire…
Marks & Spencer is widening the roll-out of a five-point action designed to reduce levels of campylobacter in whole chickens.
Own-label is driving the growth in the chilled world foods markets, with almost 50 lines added to the ready meals category…
- Chupa Chups Candy Pizza: acid testSubscription
- Smirnoff, Walkers and Coca-Cola - Britain's best sellersSubscription
- Christmas comes early as lager prices fall by 5%Subscription
- Tesco promo to tap feverish demand for Disney's Frozen
- UK bird flu outbreak confirmed as H5N8 strain
- Almondy survey shows high demand for free-from foods
- John Allaway takes up top job at Hipp Organic
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff