Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar.
- 01293 610369
British production of apples, fresh carrots and frozen peas are under threat because of EU restrictions on the use of pest and weed control substances, a new report has claimed.
Pulled Pork in a Sticky BBQ Sauce has been declared the winning flavour in Walkers’ Do Us A Flavour campaign.
CP Foods is extending its Taste Inc microwaveable snacking brand with a budget £1 range…
- Paddington Bear and Shaun the Sheep get food licensing deals
- Adam Rodgers promoted to lead Reckitt Benckiser Nordic business
- Rabobank's 10-point plan to boost food and agribusinessSubscription
- Finsbury plans moves into new markets after Fletchers buyoutSubscription
- Spanish persimon set for a bumper season, predict retailersSubscription
- Carte D'Or targets UK festive ice cream logs marketSubscription
- Asda Split Pots Favourite Desserts: acid testSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff