Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Supermarkets send help to Shoreham disaster siteSubscription
Tesco and Marks & Spencer offer refreshments, socks and use of facilities to Shoreham disaster site workers
The SFO launched its investigation into the £263m black hole in Tesco’s finances in October
Sales of beer through grocers and off-licenses fell 6.2% to 3.7 million barrels
- Tea, cocoa and coffee soaringSubscription
- Promotional turbulence created by changeable weather Subscription
- Cadbury launches Joynormous on-pack giveaway promotionSubscription
- Tesco Project Reset: you ain't seen nothing yet experts warnSubscription
- The Grocer's Own Label Food & Drink Awards open for entrySubscription
- Aldi and Lidl benefit as sponge pud sales soar
- Lucozade Energy replaces reduced-sugar lemonade with Tropical Fusion
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff