Vince Bamford is The Grocer’s Buying & Supplying Editor, and oversees print and online coverage of news related to issues including sourcing, new product development, branding, marketing and advertising.
Areas of particular personal interest include confectionery, beer & cider, bread, ice cream, free-from and marketing innovation. He also loves a good factory visit.
Vince has been a journalist longer than he is willing to admit, having started out on local newspapers in the mid-1980s. Career highlights include crashing a 747 Jumbo Jet (while writing about flight simulators); and covering a murder, gun siege and riot in a single night.
Vince’s interest in the grocery trade began with a Saturday job on the deli counter in Spar. @VinceBamford
- 01293 610369
Amazon takes quarter of online Christmas sales as Tesco is only supermarket to show e-commerce growth
HMV and Argos other winners as Asda slumps
Britvic is axing all full-sugar lines from its Robinsons fruit squash in a brand relaunch…
As Rocky he was the heavyweight champion of the world, but has Sylvester Stallone got what it takes to sell bread?
- Toy industry records best growth since 2010Subscription
- Diet Coke ditches the hunks for new ad campaign
- Asda Toffee Apple Bakes: acid test
- Mark Stanworth steps in as interim CFO at HovisSubscription
- Honey Monster grows up for return to TV adsSubscription
- Asda delists seven Hovis lines including 800g white & wholemealSubscription
- Sacla' returns to TV as part of new £4m brand pushSubscription
Recent blog posts
England’s tears have barely had time to dry and already the World Cup merchandise sell-off is under way.
How does the new Coca-Cola Life compare to its stablemates?
How did The Grocer report on the build-up and aftermath of the D-Day landings in 1944?
- Tesco's sweet spot
- At 10 for One
- It's a small world
- Burgers for breakfast
- Organic food at the crossroads
- Exceedingly good marketing
- Pods become hot (and cold) stuff