Ian covers Tesco and Asda among the major retailers, as well as suppliers including Unilever, P&G and Coca Cola. He's also our go-to guy for all issues related to health.
- 01293 610265
It’s been stormy weather pretty much all the way for Tesco CEO Philip Clarke since taking over in 2011. The Grocer looks back.
The industry has reacted to the news that Tesco CEO Philip Clarke is to stand down at the end of September.
Tesco CEO Philip Clarke announced this morning he is to step down after three years leading the retailer, to be replaced by Unilever’s Dave Lewis.
- Tesco Extra Lincoln targets locals with giant 'tweet wall'
- Tesco to extend click & collect trial to 50 non-store sites
- Tesco trebles number of stores with Brand Outlet
- High street hit as out of town approvals dominate says ACS
- Sugar debate intervention delayed by Labour
- High strength booze sales remain strong despite local bans
- Tesco food appeal collects five million meals
Recent blog posts
There could be no doubt about Philip Clarke’s passion for Tesco and his commitment to turning its fortunes around.
It was good to see MPs in their droves yesterday backing the BRC’s call for a fundamental overhaul of business rates…
Traffic-light labelling appears to have fizzled out. Will we ever achieve a universal system?
- Rates reform dashed
- Sugar - a taxing issue
- Tesco's war on many fronts
- Responsibility Deal needs a big picture
- Mixed messages on sugar
- Digital in vogue
- A changing mindset