Julia is fresh foods editor of The Grocer. She covers the retail fresh foods sector, including dairy, meat, fish and eggs as well as fruit and veg. In addition, she is in charge of The Grocer’s coverage of the wholesale and commodity markets.
Julia also commissions and edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610257
Which? has called for action against fraud in the takeaway sector, after finding many lamb dishes had been adulterated…
Müller is bringing the coffee shop trend to the yoghurt aisle with a new Skinny Cappuccino variant for Müllerlight….
Pilgrims Choice has teamed up with Simon Cowell’s production company Syco…
- Highland Game meat to go into English Tesco stores
- Fruit delivery service for London cocktail bars launched
- Dairy UK and raw milk advocates square up at FSA meeting
- Farming unions urge European adoption of GSCOP principles
- UK to produce an extra 1.4bn litres of milk a year
- Poultry sector 'contributes £3.3bn to UK economy'
- Dairy bull numbers spark concern
Recent blog posts
There are few things that agitate farmers quite as much as supermarkets messing with the white stuff.
In Justin King and Peter Kendall, the National Farmers’ Union conference yesterday served up two major industry figures on their way to pastures new.
When it comes to food prices, we tend to display some pretty contradictory attitudes…
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement
- Pork chop shock
- Risk management
- Bovine TB: Scare tactics aren't right
- CAP in hand