Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Parents serving rice to their children should cook it not in a pan but a coffee percolator
Tesco sets chicken suppliers 5% campylobacter target Subscription
Tesco is stepping up its efforts to fight campylobacter with a tough new contamination target for its fresh chicken suppliers.
The world is celebrating a breakthrough nuclear deal between Iran, the US, the UK, Germany, France, Russia and China today. But what does the lifting of sanctions mean for UK grocery?
- 'Living wage' rebranding won't make pay issue disappearSubscription
- New National Living Wage: what are the implications for grocery?
- Asda the latest supermarket to cut milk prices
- M&A activity set to halve number of major EU grocersSubscription
- FSA considers telling shoppers to avoid retailers with poor campylobacter ratesSubscription
- Milk prices for one and two pints cut by Sainsbury's and TescoSubscription
- Fowl news: Wash raw chicken to kill bugs say 32% of young
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement