Julia is fresh foods editor of The Grocer. She covers the retail fresh foods sector, including dairy, meat, fish and eggs as well as fruit and veg. In addition, she is in charge of The Grocer’s coverage of the wholesale and commodity markets.
Julia also commissions and edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610257
Dairy UK is launching two new websites – a debating platform about the dairy industry and an internet TV channel – in a bid to communicate key issues affecting the dairy industry more widely to more industry stakeholders and consumers.
Arla has sold its Crediton plant to a management buy-out team led by two former Milk Link executives.
The Dutch meat trader at the heart of the horsemeat scandal was today arrested over accusations of forgery and fraud, Dutch officials have said.
- Dairy Crest reports profits up 7%, eyes new whey venture
- Burger King returns to 100% British and Irish beef with Kepak deal
- Arla Milk Link price to increase by 1.7ppl
- ASA clears 'Give a Fork about your Pork' campaign over bad language
- Cranswick sales and profits sizzle despite soaring pig prices
- Müller Wiseman's butter plant is on track for autumn launch
- FSA Northern Ireland horsemeat misnaming 'cost 31 jobs'
Recent blog posts
Nearly three months ago, the proverbial hit the fan. Tests by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland revealed horse DNA in some frozen burgers (and subsequently in pretty much everything else), unleashing a wave of tests and investigations across the EU…
There’s just no pleasing some people. Philip Clarke had barely left the stage at the NFU conference in Birmingham…
The horsemeat scandal erupted into bitter recriminations and a torrent of legal threats over the weekend, as brands vowed to sue suppliers who vowed to sue sub-suppliers, and different EU governments engaged in vigorous finger-pointing.
- Meet on the bones
- The source of the horse?
- Horse trading
- The GM detox
- Thank you Mr Paterson
- All Greek to me
- Paterson books a place in the last chance saloon