Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Article 50 has been triggered. Brexit has officially started. So what now for the food & drink industry?
Article 50 will be triggered next Wednesday. Time to get serious about negotiating the right deal for UK food & drink
Kers will stay on during the transition period but is then expected to bow out of the business
- Aldi to get fresh logo to complement ‘modern’ image Subscription
- Chancellor’s £435m business rates relief package just ‘a drop in the ocean’Subscription
- Propercorn reassures customers after lab test finds 74% more fat than declared
- Own-label consultancy IPLC opens UK office with former Freiberger MD
- Boris serves up a pineapple fever dream on exportsSubscription
- Tesco and Booker’s £3.7bn merger: what the analysts saySubscription
- Sandwich makers call for return to ‘use by end of’ labels post-Brexit
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement