Julia is fresh foods editor of The Grocer. She covers the retail fresh foods sector, including dairy, meat, fish and eggs as well as fruit and veg. In addition, she is in charge of The Grocer’s coverage of the wholesale and commodity markets.
Julia also commissions and edits The Grocer’s annual Dairymen and Meat, Fish & Poultry supplements.
- 01293 610257
Scottish potato giant Albert Bartlett is entering the Middle East with a new joint venture in Abu Dhabi….
Chiquita and Fyffes are set to merge in a $1bn (£600m) deal that will create the world’s biggest banana business.
Anchor Cheddar is set to feature on TV for the first time…
- Devro profits hit by high pork prices
- McDonald's bolsters fruit supply for Free Fruit Fridays push
- First Milk loses Morrisons own-label Cheddar contract
- Waste-aware Brits cut back on fruit & veg in pricey 2013
- How much will the milk price war cost Tesco?Subscription
- Waitrose and Nisa respond to Tesco milk price cut
- Sainsbury’s and Co-op follow Tesco with milk price cuts
Recent blog posts
There are few things that agitate farmers quite as much as supermarkets messing with the white stuff.
In Justin King and Peter Kendall, the National Farmers’ Union conference yesterday served up two major industry figures on their way to pastures new.
When it comes to food prices, we tend to display some pretty contradictory attitudes…
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement
- Pork chop shock
- Risk management
- Bovine TB: Scare tactics aren't right
- CAP in hand