Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Much work remains if we are to perfect the supply chain of products from developing world
Palm oil producers face sustainability dilemmaSubscription
Oil palm growers in Borneo are caught in a clash between Western sustainability agendas and the need for development…
We can’t protect every sausage.” That was the ominous warning from German agriculture minister Christian Schmidt…
- Sainsbury’s marks palm oil milestone, launches new sustainable washing-up liquid
- Milk prices continue to tumble as First Milk announces latest cut
- Kendall and Kendrick among food & drink leaders recognised in 2015 New Year's honours
- Fresh fruit & veg: Lettuce takes greatest hit in veggie warSubscription
- Fresh meat & fish: Aldi & Lidl making mincemeat of competitionSubscription
- Can the FSA step up in the fight against food crime?Subscription
- Ian Toal takes charge of 2 Sisters' chilled and ready meals business as divisional MD
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement