Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Nearly 30% of UK shoppers now buy breakfast on the go, according to IGD research
Feeling the squeeze: food on the go category report 2016VideoSubscription
Rising costs and uncertainty over migrant workers post-Brexit finds sandwich suppliers on the front line of an uncertain future
The end could be nigh for the £3 meal deal, as UK sandwich makers face a perfect storm
- Food Standards Agency CEO Catherine Brown resigns
- Pizza set to feel the heat from Brexit-linked price pressureSubscription
- Walmart warns Asda turnaround ‘will take time’ as like for likes fall 5.8%Subscription
- Foodie benefits can reap big rewards in staff loyalty. Pass the free beer!Subscription
- A quarter of Brits fear Trump victory will bring higher food & drink prices Subscription
- Trump victory sparks hopes of 'fast-track' trade deal for UK food & drink exportersSubscription
- The big lesson from Trump’s victory? Know your consumerSubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement