Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Compulsory CCTV in UK abattoirs could be back on the cards, after the government this week signalled it was open to…
I was shocked to see the latest exposé from Animal Aid this week…
As Dairy Crest waits for the sale of its liquid milk division to Müller to be cleared by the competition authorities, major dairy players are believed to be gearing up to make a play for its branded business.
- Palm oil an example of difficulties of marrying sustainability with needs of developing countries
- Palm oil producers face sustainability dilemmaSubscription
- Does TTIP threaten the protection of UK speciality foods?Subscription
- Sainsbury’s marks palm oil milestone, launches new sustainable washing-up liquid
- Milk prices continue to tumble as First Milk announces latest cut
- Kendall and Kendrick among food & drink leaders recognised in 2015 New Year's honours
- Fresh fruit & veg: Lettuce takes greatest hit in veggie warSubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement