Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
A year on from his post-Horsegate review, Professor Chris Elliott worries aggressive buying practices are back in parts of the market
Milk For Farmers Cheddar will be priced at a premium of 34 pence per pack above standard Morrisons Cheddar
The discounter said on Friday (14 August) it would pay a new price of 28 pence per litre to the three processors that supply it with liquid milk
- Innovation is the best defence mechanism in the war on sugarSubscription
- Aldi and Lidl may prove decisive in living wage debateSubscription
- Cook rice in a percolator to protect kids from arsenic, parents told
- Tesco sets chicken suppliers 5% campylobacter target Subscription
- Iran nuclear deal: what are the opportunities for food and drink?Subscription
- 'Living wage' rebranding won't make pay issue disappearSubscription
- New National Living Wage: what are the implications for grocery?
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement