Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Investigators also uncovered 300,000 cans of fish in Portugal, including almost expired sardines that had been repacked in tomato sauce
Theresa May has announced a snap general election. Here’s how leading voices and organisations from the world of grocery have reacted to the news.
Previous campaigns prove dairy can engage consumers and get its message heard. Time to use those skills once more
- Coke Life to disappear from UK marketSubscription
- Article 50 special: Brexit insight & analysis from The Grocer Subscription
- UK food & drink is staring down the barrel of BrexitSubscription
- Kers to depart Müller as Lindt & Sprüngli’s Uwe Sommer becomes group CEOSubscription
- Aldi to get fresh logo to complement ‘modern’ image Subscription
- Chancellor’s £435m business rates relief package just ‘a drop in the ocean’Subscription
- Propercorn reassures customers after lab test finds 74% more fat than declared
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement