Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Volatility and its drivers remain poorly understood, and caution is advised when making predictions
Fake organic goods were already a growing problem for the food industry, Europol said, warning that other certification labels - specifically Fairtrade - could see similar issues in the future
With horsemeat arrests on the Continent, food fraud is once again at the front of public consciousness…
- Brands increase deal numbers following unusually quiet EasterSubscription
- Food fraudsters are getting smarter, and we must all be vigilantSubscription
- Campylobacter: consumer awareness gaps revealed by Harris surveySubscription
- Ed Miliband sets his agenda for the food & drink industrySubscription
- Is halal meat getting fit for the future? Q&A with The GrocerSubscription
- Ed Miliband pledges to get FSA to do 'its job properly again'Subscription
- David Cameron: Exclusive Q&ASubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement