Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Unilever is expected to turn Dollar Shave Club into a global male grooming power player
Dollar Shave Club offers male grooming products on subscription in the US
Why does the National Farmers Union think it’s a smart idea to pick a fight with British farming’s biggest customer right now?
- Wholesalers told to stop using imported rocket after second death in UK E.coli scare
- What does Britain’s new PM mean for food & drink?Subscription
- Müller pledges complete commitment to UK post-BrexitSubscription
- The food & drink industry must stand as one post-Brexit
- How Brexit will change British shopping habitsSubscription
- Salad leaves linked to major UK E.coli outbreak
- Food manufacturers call for delay on sugar levy post-Brexit
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement