Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Julia was previously fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
- 01293 610257
As the weather has turned colder, has brands’ appetite for featured space cooled off too?
Fruit & vegetable prices on downward trendSubscription
Seasonality and favourable conditions in many key growing regions mean fruit & veg prices remain on a firm downward trend…
Arabica coffee is up year on year largely because of a fungus that has damaged coffee crops in key production regions…
- United Biscuits to float on Stock Market this autumnSubscription
- The human side of global supply chain pressure
- Aldi and Lidl are far from the plucky underdogs of UK grocery
- Elliott food fraud report due out on 4 September
- Chris Elliott's food fraud report must face no more delays
- FSA rapped for refusing to 'name and shame' in campylobacter results
- New report calls for radical shake-up of UK food and farming policySubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement