Julia is managing editor of The Grocer. She is responsible for the day-to-day running of The Grocer, and also commissions its comment, opinion and feedback pages. Before becoming managing editor in July 2014, Julia was The Grocer’s fresh foods and buying & supplying editor.
Julia frequently appears on radio and TV as a commentator on grocery retail and the politics of food and food sourcing, and has worked extensively on food authenticity and fraud issues. In 2013, she headed up The Grocer’s coverage of the horsemeat scandal.
Prior to joining The Grocer in 2010, Julia was editor of New Media Markets, a trade publication for the TV industry. She started her career as a staff writer for The Legal 500 at publisher Legalease. @juliaglotz
- 01293 610257
Osborne said the health of the UK’s public finances had improved so much the cuts were no longer necessary
The latest FSA campylobacter results are cause for cautious optimism - but discrepancies in the results must be addressed
British dairy farmers have to get their cost of production down to no more than 27 pence per litre
- FSA reveals low consumer awareness of acrylamideSubscription
- Fear of science could grow into a big problem for food & drinkSubscription
- WHO bacon report: another missed opportunity for better claritySubscription
- Elliott slams FSA for not testing foodservice chickenSubscription
- Potato metal contamination scare could cost Produce Investments up to £1.5mSubscription
- Retailers score high at 2015 Blas na hEireann Irish Food Awards
- Labour conference food debate offers reassuring words – but few clues on policySubscription
Recent blog posts
The poultry industry has successfully lobbied the FSA into U-turning on plans to ‘name and shame’ companies in its campylobacter survey, but it shouldn’t rejoice.
Developing the right technological solutions to help tackle food waste is just the first step…
What do food producers and suppliers need to know about online retail?
- Europe's new faces
- The £1 milk club
- Pastures new
- The food price dilemma
- Horsegate laid bare
- The NCA opportunity
- A lapse in judgement